RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A Deep orange-red in color. Medium body. Distinctive & complex maltiness, moderate hop bitterness. Smooth, clean, with a depth of malt character. ABV 5.2% IBU’s 24 SRM 11.2

PhillyBeer2112 (2882) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - JUN 30, 2001
Definitely not a festbier. It looked like one, but it was quite bitter and had not malty side, no toffee toastiness either. I had this side by side with their helles and the difference is negligable - both are dominated by bitterness with no hop flavor and lacking malt body.

VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - MAY 7, 2001
I was fairly impressed with this beer in that I got more than I expected. As the name implies, it is amber in color with a slight malt aroma. The hop aroma is even more slight. Decent malt flavor, but lacking in mouthfell. Only slight bitterness, which I would expect. This doesn't approach the complexity of a good marzen, but not bad. I should add a caveat - I don't general like lighter lagers at all.

kublai3 (175) - Staten Island, New York, USA - DEC 5, 2000
..................................................

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 7, 2000
As the description says, slightly malty and toasted; quickly dissipates though. Decent, but not much flavor. It has a little nutty/malty bite, but it doesn't last long. I was a little disappointed, especially after reading about their strong 'Bavarian' influence.