overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3082   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-pored white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time (always a pleasure / enjoyment), goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

senads (2) - Natick, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 7, 2008 does not count
Looks good in the glass, has a nice fluffy head, new it was a wheat just looking at it, definitely smell and taste yeast, finishes with a nice taste.

Wim (4057) - Weelde, BELGIUM - AUG 7, 2008
hazy gold blond coloured body with a white head a herby fruity aroma a fruity herby taste with a fruity bitter finish

GAManiac (1944) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - AUG 6, 2008
Pours a bright, slightly hazy yellow with a big puffy white head that lingers throughout the session leaving bits of lacing. There is also a constant stream of bubbles coming to the top. Smell is wonderful with cloves, banana and sweet wheat. Hint of citrus in the nose as well, mainly lemons. Taste is absolutely perfect for a hefe with an initial citrus burst followed by a massive sweet wheat taste full of bananas and spices. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and unbelievably creamy for a hefe with tons of carbonation. The drinkability couldn’t be higher on this and it is the definitive example of a hefeweizen as far as I’m concerned. There is no better summer beer on earth.

Bart (2937) - Brussels, BELGIUM - AUG 6, 2008
Hazy yellow coloured beer with some light carbonation and a small white head. Herby and fruity, wheat aroma. Full spicy palate. Finish is bitter fruity, with some herby touches. Nice weissen.

note666 (1300) - Eindhoven, NETHERLANDS - AUG 5, 2008
500 ml bottle. yellow golden colour. medium white head. I don’t understand whats so great about whitebeer... it’s not my style I guess...

GregClow (3402) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 4, 2008
Bottle from the LCBO. Strange that I haven’t rating this yet, I’ve gone through a few bottles while it’s been available here this summer. Pours a hazy dark golden with a big pillowy white head. Aroma of a solidly textbook hefe - OK, a bit heavier on the cloves than some, but still right on style. Same goes for the flavour - fresh and yeasty and wheaty, with notes of cloves, banana and a bit of bubblegum. Nice soft mouthfeel as well. I love this style, and I love this beer.

Yves (3054) - Turnhout, BELGIUM - AUG 4, 2008
Hazy blond coloured beer with small white head and no visible carbonation. Yeasty aroma. Full palate. Finish is yeasty and fruity.

hopeye101 (45) - Draughthouse, Texas, USA - AUG 3, 2008
Poured a 2 finger head into my pint glass (I know I should’ve used my weizen glass, but I have to hand wash that)... Head dissipated in about 1 minute. Color is straw, slightly cloudy, I even dumped all the yeast into the glass. Smell: cloves , what else can I say. Kind of like standing in a field of cloves. Taste: very clovey, some dryness in the back of the mouth. A tad of sweetness trying to get out but the carbonation keeps it back. Mouthfeel: Another 5. creamy very nice. Drinkability : that’s what these beers are made for. This is a very nice beer which showcases Weihenstephan’s amazing hefe yeast. Perfectly done.

gameface23 (131) - Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 31, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2008 Pours a cloudy straw color with a white head that lasts the duration of drinking. Nice, well balanced smell of wheat, yeast, clove and banana. I was drinking out of a tall hefeweizen glass and it laced the entire length of it. great beer!

Quevillon (3110) - Boisbriand, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 28, 2008
Bouteille 500 ml, acheté au LCBO de Summerhill (Toronto), le 14/7/08. Arome de blé malté légèrement épicé, des notes de fruits exotiques. Goût de blé malté doux et savoureux, un petit note d’alcool mais ça passe. J’avais vu le verre de cette bière quant j’ai bu la Denisons Weissbier à Tornoto et j’ai vu la bouteille quelque jour après, j’étais curieux!