overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3252   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-pored white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time (always a pleasure / enjoyment), goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

NPRugby11 (219) - New York, USA - JUL 19, 2009
Pours out a cloudy orange/gold with a thick white head. Has an amazing banana scent, which carries through to the taste. Beautiful fruity sweetness complimented by the banana hints, goes down very smooth as well. This is the best beer I’ve ever had, it’s easy to see why this brewery has been around for nearly 1000 years.

HopTsing (575) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2011
I don’t know why every one is always so conservative when rating beers. If a beer is really good, rate it really good. If it’s the best, rate it the best. In my opinion, Weihenstephaner defines the best of everything in it’s class. I love it and when I find it in beer serving establishment on tap, I’m a happy beer drinker. Looking forward to my next one.

Naseth (2) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 24, 2011 does not count
Complete goodness out of a hefe! Ive been buying this beer where ever I have found it, and will continue doing to until I am dead.

engmaher1 (2) - - NOV 15, 2011 does not count
Appearance: Golden Aroma: barley Taste: nice taste In general: Best beer for me.

nygaard (10) - DENMARK - FEB 12, 2012
Det kan kun blive en ren 5er. Det er måske ikke helt og alene øllens skyld, men efter at have været på TUM (Technische Universität München), så er denne øl bare vedhæftet med så mange gode minder. Øllen er i den gærede ende af Weissbier skalaen, skummet står flot til sidste slurk, hvis den bliver skænket rigtigt. Og så smager den bare af sommer, sol og frihed i Freising (München)

romang (2) - - JUN 15, 2012 does not count
Great taste and availability on tap. Unfortunately not easy to find the bottled version in my country.

BeerDeltaBravo (53) - Oregon, USA - JUN 20, 2012
Pours a dense gold with a two-finger head. Heavy lacing. Brilliant buttery aroma, with caramel and bubblegum. Beautiful spicy taste, maybe a little cilantro and apple. Hearty yet effervescent mouthfeel and light finish.

nazzty (1376) - Ödåkra - Helsingborg, SWEDEN - SEP 15, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 29, 2012 Almost forbidden good weiss bier. Rich flavor, banana flavor, with a great body and copious amounts of foam.

Pfalz (2) - GERMANY - OCT 17, 2012 does not count
I live in Germany and have tried many Weizen beer. I can say that this is the best I have tried. I still need to try Ayinger and Schneider, but I still think Weihenstephan will rank with them. This is my favorite beer to drink when I want more than one beer and fortunately I can buy a case anytime I want. Tomorrow I am driving to Westvleteran, Belgium to get my 2 cases of #12; it only took three weeks of calling to get a reservation.

beerlfry (32) - - NOV 19, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 22, 2013 On tap at Wvrst Toronto. Poured bright, cloudy gold with a foamy white head. Aroma of banana and toast. Sweet citrusy taste with light carbonation and a long toasty finish. Probably my all time favourite beer.