overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 3088   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Our golden-yellow wheat beer, with its fine-pored white foam, smells of cloves and impresses consumers with its refreshing banana flavour. It is full bodied and with a smooth yeast taste. To be enjoyed at any time (always a pleasure / enjoyment), goes excellently with fish and seafood, with spicy cheese and especially with the traditional Bavarian veal sausage. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

Pfalz (2) - GERMANY - OCT 17, 2012 does not count
I live in Germany and have tried many Weizen beer. I can say that this is the best I have tried. I still need to try Ayinger and Schneider, but I still think Weihenstephan will rank with them. This is my favorite beer to drink when I want more than one beer and fortunately I can buy a case anytime I want. Tomorrow I am driving to Westvleteran, Belgium to get my 2 cases of #12; it only took three weeks of calling to get a reservation.

beerlfry (32) - - NOV 19, 2012
UPDATED: MAY 22, 2013 On tap at Wvrst Toronto. Poured bright, cloudy gold with a foamy white head. Aroma of banana and toast. Sweet citrusy taste with light carbonation and a long toasty finish. Probably my all time favourite beer.

xtonemonkey (3) - SINGAPORE - JUN 20, 2013 does not count
Very smooth malt background, rich yeast flavors, sofy spicy, with fruity banana tones, reminiscent of clove, very balanced wheat beer. Washes down easy and lasting tasting notes. Nice carbonation and good colour and a medium bodied beer. Tasted from a bottle and tap, both are just as good. personally prefer the bottle cos you can control the pour / head and more importantly the goodness that’s left at the bottom.

udfan07 (71) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2013
This beer is a good hefeweizen. Notes of banana and other fruity aroma. Really good.

hopwine (670) - brooklynzzzzz, New York, USA - SEP 20, 2013
Pours appropriately cloudy, huge banana/bubblegum nose. Flavor matches aroma closely with the perfect balance of clove/banana/bubblegum. Creamy texture with ample carbo. The perfect hef...difficult to imagine a better one.

Swengen (1) - Illinois, USA - OCT 25, 2013 does not count
Just tried this last night in a German restaurant and was blown away by all aspects of this beer. Was drinking Erdinger Hefe Weiss but will have to get some of this in my beer refrig now. There are a few American wheat beers that are coming along very nicely but this beer is what they should use as a standard. In my opinion.

AtronSeige (1640) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - DEC 12, 2013
Aroma: Banana bread (wheat), light spice, sour, yeast, vanilla Appearance: Hazy pale gold, medium white head. Great lacing. spices Flavour: Light sweetness, wheat, Palate: LIght body, crisp, medium carbonation Overall: A Perfect Beer! Bottle, poured. Thanks Leon! 15A. Weizen/Weissbier

gschrade (1094) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - DEC 12, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours cloudy gold with foamy white head. Taste sweet, banana, refreshing. I thought this was very good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MetalNHopHead (2073) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - DEC 26, 2013
Hazy in appearance and yeasty in taste, this beer has all the touchstones of an authentic German Hefeweizen. This stuff is ridiculously easy to drink in large quantities, especially on a hot day. It’s just a bit earthy and a little sweet. Everything about this wheat beer is just right.

randallpink (13) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 6, 2014
Pours a beautiful hazy straw colour with a very thick head. smells of banana, cloves and spices. a wonderful beer to drink, goes down smooth as any and to me is the best representation of a german hefe!