overall
Style: Dunkelweizen
Freising, Germany
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 1726   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our dark wheat beer is impressive with its creamy white foam. A fruity-fresh sweetness and hints of mature bananas harmonise with delicious flavours of roasted malt, sparkling and full-bodied with a light caramel taste on the first sip. An excellent accompaniment from hearty meals and game to chocolate and nut desserts. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

BRookie (1) - Fairbanks, Alaska, USA - JUN 20, 2012 does not count
This is my favorite beer that I have found traveling the world. WOW is all I can say. The slight banana aftertaste is to die for. Smooth and just perfect. I am sold on the German style after tasting this. This is my beer that I compare all others too. Finding it is a bit difficult, but worth every penny.

JuanCaja (3) - California, USA - SEP 1, 2013 does not count
Das ist gut, verdammt Bier. Es ist eines der besten Biere Verdammt ich je hatte . Dieses Bier erinnert mich an eine bayerische Frauen tanzen sexy mit ihren Kleidern aus. Good job Bayern. --- Mi nombre es Juan Caja y me gusta la cerveza.

dorzki (5) - ISRAEL - SEP 20, 2013 does not count
Truly one of the best unfiltered beer I’ve ever tasted in Israel so far. Recommended for people who love dark beers.

gschrade (1099) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - NOV 6, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours reddish-brown with foamy white head. Taste Carmel, banana, wheat. I thought this was very good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 6, 2015
Poured from a 500 MLK bottle into a pint glass. This beer has a fantastic amber color with a sweet and smoky aroma. A crisp palate that is very satisfying. A world class beer.