overall
Style: Dunkelweizen
Freising, Germany
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 1727   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59/5   IBU: 14   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our dark wheat beer is impressive with its creamy white foam. A fruity-fresh sweetness and hints of mature bananas harmonise with delicious flavours of roasted malt, sparkling and full-bodied with a light caramel taste on the first sip. An excellent accompaniment from hearty meals and game to chocolate and nut desserts. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

BRookie (1) - Fairbanks, Alaska, USA - JUN 20, 2012 does not count
This is my favorite beer that I have found traveling the world. WOW is all I can say. The slight banana aftertaste is to die for. Smooth and just perfect. I am sold on the German style after tasting this. This is my beer that I compare all others too. Finding it is a bit difficult, but worth every penny.

JuanCaja (3) - California, USA - SEP 1, 2013 does not count
Das ist gut, verdammt Bier. Es ist eines der besten Biere Verdammt ich je hatte . Dieses Bier erinnert mich an eine bayerische Frauen tanzen sexy mit ihren Kleidern aus. Good job Bayern. --- Mi nombre es Juan Caja y me gusta la cerveza.

dorzki (1) - ISRAEL - SEP 20, 2013 does not count
Truly one of the best unfiltered beer I’ve ever tasted in Israel so far. Recommended for people who love dark beers.

gschrade (1084) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - NOV 6, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours reddish-brown with foamy white head. Taste Carmel, banana, wheat. I thought this was very good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ordybill (1738) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 6, 2015
Poured from a 500 MLK bottle into a pint glass. This beer has a fantastic amber color with a sweet and smoky aroma. A crisp palate that is very satisfying. A world class beer.

nandika (2) - ROMANIA - FEB 22, 2011 does not count
This is one of my all-time favourite beers. Smells like a fruit-garden, tastes like sweet bread, bananas, oranges and clove. A wonderful blend, would drink this any time again.

rampmaster (642) - Alden, New York, USA - MAR 7, 2011
Presentation: It was poured from a brown 1 pint 0.9oz bottle into a Weizen Glass. The abv is listed on the label at 5.3% and there is no freshness date. Appearance: It has a deep hazy orange amber body with visible carbonation. A quick pour fills the glass with foam. After a minute to settle I very slowly finished pouring and ended up with a nice three finger head. The light beige head hangs on well and makes lots of cool lace patterns on the glass. Smell: Big German yeast notes rush up to fill my nose. The aroma is all about the classic banana notes with some mild clove and bready sweet malt. Taste: The best way to describe this beer is that is like banana bread with nuts and chocolate chips. The palate is a firm medium body with nice active carbonation. Notes: Outstanding!!! This beer is a work of wheat beer art.

bosta (259) - SLOVENIA - MAR 24, 2014
Bottle, 0,5l. Pours hazy brown color with beautiful creamy, tan head. Typical weizen aroma, lots of banana and dough and a bit of caramel. unique rich wheat flavor, full of bananas. Full bodied, medium carbonation and a nice long aftertaste. One of the best beers I had so far.

5crown99 (9) - Maryland, USA - FEB 26, 2002 does not count
another fabulos beer from weihenstephaner, my favorite brewery.

kbrower (7) - USA - JUL 9, 2007 does not count
A very clean dunkelweiss. Fuller and smoother than Sneider Weiss Original. The right amount of carbonation and earthy banana.