overall
Brewed by Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
Style: Pilsener
Freising, Germany

RATINGS: 463   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Golden-yellow and bright, with 32 bitter units and quite hoppy compared to most of the other Pilsners our Weihenstephaner Pilsner comes up with a distinctive aroma of hops with a pleasant bitterness. This combination provides a balanced mix and guarantees great enjoyment. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

josanguapo (1966) - SPAIN - OCT 16, 2016
From estucerveza. At lunch, with fried potatoes + eggs + san jacobo. In Teku glass. Probably the best pilsener ive tasted. Super fresh feeling grassy hops and was bottled in 22 Jun. Really refreshing, clean and pretty looking

HopTsing (575) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - MAY 25, 2014
I love this beer/ Great golden color. Great Aroma. Great flavors. This beer is wonderful. You just can’t beat the Germans when it comes to Pilsners...unless you’re Czech!

malvrich (354) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 13, 2015
Pint bottle with date code of 7164 which means (unless I am mistaken, PLEASE let me be mistaken) this beer was bottled sometime in April 2014.
That’s right. Triangle Wine of Morrisville, N.C. sold me a beer that’s almost nine months old at full price. Well this happens with imports but hopefully not generally to this extent.
Anyway...
Into a Sam Smith Nonic!
A: Light brassy gold color with turbulent carbonation producing a prodigious rocky head of tight white. Excellent retention and lacing
S: Grassy hops on the front of the nose, with a wisp of white bread following. Great smell.
T: Much like the nose, the taste hits the tongue with grassy straw hop notes. Finishes with a balance of bready notes of more sourdough than white. Pretty dry. Delicious.
M: These people are the masters of body, carbonation and mouthfeel. Light silky body with relentless but gentle carbonation. The mouthfeel of this is directly on par with champagne. Excellent.
O: The embodiment of elegance in a beer. Simple, expertly executed and a hallmark of the style.

NOTE: If anyone notices that I have misread the date code please let me know and I will immediately retract my comment.
This beer is still excellent regardless of when it was bottled.