overall
Style: English Strong Ale
Bedford, England

RATINGS: 1507   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Bottled, Pasteurised.
This dark golden coloured ale hugs the palate with great intensity. Its malty aroma is complemented by the gentle nose of Banana. Its flavour unfolds with a sensual sparkle and a smart crispness, which balances its aroma perfectly. Tropically fruity; its ripe banana flavour, emphasised by a hint of bitterness, comes from the addition of real fair trade bananas and finishes with an emphatic, steely dryness.
2005 Recipe changed from 5.5% to 5.2%

optemoz's rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
optemoz (171) - Apex, North Carolina, USA - FEB 5, 2013
Bottle - let me just say, I LOVE BANANA so I may be a little biased. Pour is a see thru amber with almost no head. Smelled the bottle when I opened and I fell in love. Great sweet banana aroma. The taste is everything I expected and more. I was hoping it wasn't overly sweet and it wasn't at all. Great crisp finish with a bready banana loveliness.. Overall, I could drink this anytime of year and love it 9/10! -optemoz

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TomHendriksen (319) - NETHERLANDS - APR 17, 2017
Fles gedronken in Budapest, geprobeerd met Roelzie1986 en Koenvd bij beer point.

adrewtoremember (1) - Virginia, USA - APR 9, 2017 does not count
Delicious! I was recommended this at an office party and I fell in love with it. Easily one of my favorites!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerSensei40 (1) - - APR 2, 2017 does not count
It tastes exactly as it sounds. Like banana bread soaked in a nut brown ale. Very little bitter taste with a clean finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ehaak26 (423) - - MAR 17, 2017
Pint Night at Pazzos. Aroma is pretty much exactly like banana Runts, taste is slightly sweet.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
autos5 (165) - Szczecin, POLAND - MAR 11, 2017
Degustowane przed założeniem konta na RateBeer. W celu uzupełnienia profilu.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
thirstyrabbit (1808) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - MAR 4, 2017
Bottle. Pale copper body, small head. Aroma has light caramelly malts, vanilla and some banana. Sweet caramelly taste with added banana and vanilla. Much lighter than expected. Mouthfeel is fizzy like a lemonade. I dont like English ales to be watery and fizzy. Reminds me of a certain local lemonade. Underwhelming. I dont think "steely dryness" should be a desired quality in a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
japppp (100) - FINLAND - FEB 26, 2017
50cl bottle. Amber color with white head. Aroma has lot of almost artificial banana. Taste has banana, some malt and slight bitter finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
john44 (2986) - SW London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 19, 2017
Bottle. Overpowering banana & pear drops smell & taste. Cloying, lingering, rather unpleasant. (2008)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bikbo (125) - - JAN 23, 2017
Color mbar com espuma blanca abundante no muy duradera. Aroma intenso a banana. Sabor ligero a pltano y toques dulces acaramelados. Fcil de beber.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
gschrade (1078) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - JAN 17, 2017
I got this at Randall's. Pours amber with a thin white head. Taste mild banana, mildly sweet, smooth. I thought this was ok. I could drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone