Brewed by Charles Wells (Marston's)
Style: Premium Bitter/ESB
Bedford, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 411   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Based on the Great British pudding, full of rich sticky toffee-ness.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Stuu666 (15836) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - FEB 28, 2018
Bottle at nick's. Pours golden brown, nose is toffee, grassy, floral, taste is sweet, sickly toffee, vanilla, grassy.

MetalNHopHead (2333) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - FEB 21, 2018
I probably should have known better than to get this beer for myself, but at least my companions enjoyed finishing it off for me. To the credit of Wells, this beer really does capture a lot toffee sweetness. It's too sweet for me, though. The butterscotch and artificial-tasting candy notes were cloying and one-dimensional. Definitely not a beer for me.

DraftAromas7 (72) - SERBIA - FEB 8, 2018
At first it sounded unconvincing, but this beer is surprisingly smooth. It has a nice color, and memorable taste that is explained just by its name. And it is not expensive.

dave360 (35) - - FEB 3, 2018
Wow it looked a joke at 1st but this ale really did taste like toffee I bloody loved it has gone down as one of my favourites ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

phfyysik (1610) - Tartu, ESTONIA - JAN 17, 2018
Pours brown with medium off-white head. Aroma is toffee, caramel, pudding, milky, candies, sweet. Taste is toffee, caramel, some candy syrup, a small bit bitterness, creamy, a bit watery, soft. Very nice beer!

hora_da_merenda (77) - - JAN 13, 2018
Uma sobremesa em forma de cerveja. É boa para determinadas ocasiões, mas não é para o meu paladar diário.

BeardedAvenger (1379) - Addlestone, Surrey, ENGLAND - DEC 27, 2017
Bottle from the parents. Sweet - like toffee, Funnily enough. Although without the burnt edge I'd expect from the actual pus. Dark treacle brown. Think frothy off-white head. Initial sweetness before bitterness kicks in. Has the burnt toffee edge I was expecting in the aroma. Light bodied. Slick. Flat carbonation. Long astringent finish. Perfectly drinkable but basic and tastes like additives as opposed to the real thing.

wombat23 (2189) - Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2017
33cl bottle. Pours clear dark amber with a light beige head. Aroma of sweet malt, toffee, caramel. Taste follows nose. Cloying. Maybe some butterscotch. Artificial flavoring? Not very good.

FatPhil (17742) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - DEC 14, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2017 500ml bottle - thanks Marduk! (5:4:6:2:11=2.8)
Sweet toffee and artificial E-number sweetener aroma. Taste similar. Watery palate, a bit of fizziness cuts through the sweetness. So many E numbers with that I think I'm gonna get tongue cancer.

martjoobolut (5562) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - DEC 14, 2017
Bottle (thanks marduk). Pours dark amber-brown. Aroma is sweet, caramel, toffee, spices, malt. Flavor is sweet and bitter, malt, toffee, candy, watery. Body is quite thin. Overall: drinkable.