overall
Brewed by Charles Wells (Marston’s)
Style: Premium Bitter/ESB
Bedford, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 397   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Based on the Great British pudding, full of rich sticky toffee-ness.

brownaler (706) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUL 8, 2017
Toffee aroma with a coffee and swee brown sugar. Too sweet to be a satisfying beer.

jbissell2 (11) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - JUL 2, 2017
I don't normally go for beers like this... usually pour out the bottle after a few swigs. I think this beer is done well. It's still not my thing, but that's just my taste. As far as these kinds of beers go, I'd pick this over many others. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

joshterschoell (3) - Rowlett, Texas, USA - JUN 30, 2017 does not count
Fine tuned to almost a smooth Stout, but without the thickness that Stout’s tend to acquire. Think a chocolate/coffee Porter meets Heath bar.

vinivini (2991) - Gomel, BELARUS - JUN 16, 2017
Deep bronze to brown colour. Misty. Moderate capuccino head. Strong toffee and chocolate aroma. Feels hardly natural. Medium body. Lots of malts on taste. Toffee, caramel. Light bitterness. I’m not fond of it.

tomix86 (10) - POLAND - JUN 1, 2017
Pours dark amber, small and quickly disappearing head. Nice toffee aroma with an addition of bread-like aromas and slight hoppy notes. Very low bitterness, medium carbonation, light body. Nothing special but enjoyed it.

colui72 (1098) - HONG KONG - MAY 30, 2017
I used to like this before I trained my palate... now it’s a different story. Pours dark brown, with a medium beige head, lot of lacing. Smells good, of toffee and caramel, sweet, cake. Taste doesn’t go along though, mediocre roasted malts and artificial toffee pudding flavourings, loses the sweetness quickly and becomes dry. Light body, thin feel, average carbonation, astringent finish. Meh beer.

sccp1910 (283) - BRAZIL - MAY 21, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2017 Uma porter com fortes notas de chocolate, amargor marcante e aroma muito agrad�vel. Cor escura, amarronzada.

ozzy70 (1283) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 19, 2017
11.2 oz. bottle. Pour was dark copper, foamy off white head. Aroma of toffee candy, butterscotch, vanilla. Taste was mild sweet, toffee, thin overall body, vanilla.

Davros IX (485) - Hertford, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - MAY 12, 2017
A nice toffee colour in the glass and a surprisingly good and long lasting head. The nose was malt and a good waft of caramel and toffee. So far, so good. The problem was the flavour which was, perhaps unsurprisingly, very sweet caramel. It was too sweet for me and I didn’t find it well integrated. I was half-way through when I realised I was only drinking it for the sake of it, so the rest was tipped away. I applaud the experiment in making the beer, but I really didn’t like it.

shuvar (214) - Poznań, POLAND - APR 19, 2017
Butelka. Ciemnobrązowe, lekko opalizujące. Piana biała, pokaźna, opada, ale zostawia cienką, drobnopęcherzykową warstewkę. W aromacie tofi i wanilia (rzeczywiście kojarzy się z budyniem), karmel i delikatna czekolada. W smaku już gorzej, bo głównie karmel, ze specyficzną, lekko alkoholową goryczką. Bardzo intensywne smaki, a jednak piwo dość wodniste. Wysycenie średnie, dla mnie za wysokie. Zaskakujące piwo i może dlatego tak wysoka ocena.