overall
RATINGS: 60   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
After more than a year of being known as Weston Brew Labs #2 our hot pepper ale got it’s own package today. Now available in six-packs around the Kansas City metro our newest friend is going to be here year round.

jcnielsen's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
jcnielsen (3416) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2013
Bottle. Pours an orange color with white head. Peppery aroma with some malty sweet aromas in the background. Malty backbone, but peppers dominate the flavor. I’m not a big pepper ale fan, so my ratings tend to be low. This is a beer within the pepper ale style that I can handle. Nice peppery/hot/spicy flavor, but not overdone, with some malty sweetness lingering in the background.

Ramey84 (2) - - SEP 13, 2016 does not count
It’s spicy........that’s about it. Probably won’t buy again unless I’m going to cook with it

Jamesthebrit (484) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JAN 6, 2016
Wheeeeeeeewwwww here we go. I’ve been craving a pepper ale. Green pepper note which is not my favorite. Serrano and jalepeno are not my favorite. Really want a chipotle (yeah I know it’s a smoked jalepeno: it’s what I want fool!) Or a habenero. Light body. Very light. Nope. This is a crappie beer with pepper in it. Super light mouth feel. Subtal malt not but really nothing other than pepper. The pepper spice is at a good level. Meh.

deyholla (12253) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUN 18, 2015
Sampled from the tap at the Oklahoma Craft Beer Festival. Pours a clear pale yellow with a white head that dissipates to the edges. Aroma is fresh jalapeno/green pepper backed by sweet grains. Flavor is grain and bread up front with a nicely balanced pepper note coming through.

sonnycheeba (6342) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 9, 2015
Can. Pours clear yellow/gold. Aroma is heavy pepper spice, cereal malts, and faint grapefruit. Flavor is a little flat with bland malty flavor upfront followed up by decent pepper notes. Light/medium body.

edgallow (4473) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 21, 2015
12 oz bottle pours golden with a white head. Aroma and taste is peppers, not sure I can do a whole one again.

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 26, 2015
Can at home. Pours a slightly hazy golden yellow with one finger of white head. Aroma is lots of peppers earthy slight malt. No hop presence at all. Flavor follows with slight sweetness and very slight heat. Not much though. As fR as what it is, it is fine. I don't like pale beers with peppers, though. But it is what it is. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Nsanders (1172) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 26, 2014
Can. Clear yellow with a thin white head. Big jalapeño/green pepper aroma with white bread and hay in the background. Taste is dry and bready with a mild peppery finish. Body is light with a fizzy feel. Mild pepper ale.

acaffar2 (40) - - AUG 22, 2014
Pours golden/amber with minimal head. Smells like jalapeños. It's spicy, but not overpoweringly so. Strong notes of jalapeño and Serrano. I love these flavors, so I think it's pretty good.

jrodooo5 (1718) - DOVER, Delaware, USA - MAY 22, 2014
Wow! Not sure if that’s good or bad but the originality here is impeccable. It has your run of the mill golden pour w/ a thin white head & no lacing. The aroma is robust w/ pepper! The taste is dominated by the pepper but as it warms becomes more beer like. Interesting to say the least!

easwsm (1) - Kansas City, USA - FEB 11, 2014 does not count
The key to this beer, I’ve found, is drinking it while or after you have eaten something pretty spicy. It is really really good under those circumstances, otherwise its really horrific. I’ve never experienced a beer quite like this one, and that’s a good thing!