overall
RATINGS: 1608   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Fast on the heels of our fantasticly reformulated Hops Infusion, our brewers have picked up the gauntlet and brewed a Double IPA using exclusively Simcoe(R) Hops! This west coast Hops was created in 2000 by Select Botanicals, Inc. and carries a fantastic flavor profile abounding with citrusy-grapefruit, piney, resiny notes that pushes this Double IPA over the top. 9.0% ABV in the brew gives it a nice malt foundation as well. Draft and bottles, 12 oz. in PA, 22 oz. out of state (as we have no 6-packs),

bbp182 (255) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 11, 2007
This is another great, absoultly amazing IPA. It’s bitter, but the malt balances it out. The aroma is just amazing. Citrusy, piney, and even a hint of grapefruit. It’s an amber color in appearance. And the taste just blew me away. Wow, this is a great double IPA that I have gotten and will continue to get. I might even get the case of it that we sell in Fairless Hills Pa at Deon Square Beer Distributors.

teman1 (1) - Alabama, USA - MAR 18, 2008 does not count
Fantastic beer! It’s all about the hops. Good initial taste, with a strong hop follow-up. If you are a true hophead, you need to try this beer! The simcoe hop is the key here. To me, this is a special, special hop, and it is really showcased here.

LIGONIER (4) - Ligonier, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 15, 2008 does not count
This beer was a surprise. I’m always looking for that Big Hop beer that will knock my socks off, and this is the real deal. Aroma was pure hops, like freshly cut from the field. Smooth going down the the bitter hop ending that opens the senses.

THiS (15) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2010
oh my god! gross! this beer is disgusting. seriously. it takes a few bottles, but you’ll get it. hop lovers, come join with me!

Observer30 (1) - USA - DEC 28, 2011 does not count
Best IPA I ever tasted; just outstanding, earned a permanent place in the beer vault, along with Warsteiner and Spaten dunkels and SADB. Really complex but with a crystal-clear hop note from that one hop variety Weyerbacher chose, not muddled or muted as most IPAs are. Too strong to accompany bland foods, ideal for assertive flavors, much as one would leave cabernet, pinot noir or varietal zinfandel for a really good steak or other strongly-flavored dishes. On a par with Sam Adams Double Bock (SADB) for incredibly good quality. The only one even close is the new Victory Yakima Glory.

mkel07 (6397) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - MAR 22, 2012
355ml bottle. Great looking beer with lots of dense beige foam and a deep amber almost orange colour. Plenty of hops fill the nose wih big punchy floral aromas. It’s like smelling a freshly bloomed rose garden. He first sip fills the mouth and the flavour penetrates to all parts and stays there. This is one seriously good beer.