overall
RATINGS: 1231   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81/5   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
This is an incredibly intriguing ale is made by aging our Old Heathen Imperial Stout in oak barrels that were used for making fine Kentucky bourbon! The result is an extraordinary, dark, and mysterious stout whose very essence has been enhanced. The aroma is filled with vanilla, cocoa, and roasted coffee beans. This silky-smooth brew has notes of oak, whiskey, roasted barley and vanilla that meld together on the tongue to create an incredible sensation. Heresy is released in February.

mribm (463) - Ocala, Florida, USA - OCT 28, 2004
22 oz. Bottle. Several of the latest comments referred to this beer as having bourbon qualities. I found it to be like a very fine, complex wine. Absolutely an EXCELLENT beer that I couldn’t find a fault with. It was so complex in flavor, with the oak, vanilla, coffee and chocolate notes, that I cannot give this beer anything less then a perfect score, beause it IS the perfect Imperial Stout, in my opinion. This is the best thing to come from Easton, Pa. since boxing champ Larry Holmes! TERRIFIC BREW!

lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - OCT 24, 2008
Style and Glass: Imperial Stout; Snifter ABV, Volume & Calories: 8% in 22 fl oz. estimated at 400 C Purchased at: Jack’s Wine Sense, Ewing, NJ for $4.99 Aroma: nice, wonderful, permeating, oak, liquor, tannins, rose, whiskey. 10 out of 10. Visuals: medium high design, black, oily, thick tan head, great, sticky lace. 5 out of 5. Taste: expertly balanced, heavy malt, heavy hops, heavy strength, heavy craft. 10 out of 10. Palate: high quality, sandy texture, long chocolate finish. 5 out of 5. Overall: It’s almost a crime for me to have beer this good for this price. This is a fantastic, affordable, high quality treat, I’ll have it again for sure, a new favorite, high value, expertly crafted. About the only thing I don’t like about the whole experience is the cheesy graphic on the label. 20 out of 20.

Nsanders (1190) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 14, 2010
Black and syrupy looking with lazy medium sized carbonation. Light chocolate, roasted malt aroma that is gentle. Flavors of oak and vanilla compliment the light bitter flavor. Medium mouthfeel, surprisingly smooth, carbonation is minimal. This is maybe the best beer i have ever had and i like the label to top it off.

max3517 (19) - North Carolina, USA - APR 10, 2013
Weyerbacher has been hitting them out of the park for me since I stumbled on them a few months back. I love this one. I love dark heavy beers and I would give it an "11" if I could.