overall
RATINGS: 1113   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Brewed with Pumpkin and Spices(Cinnamon,Nutmeg,Cardamom,Cloves). This 8.0% ABV pumpkin ale is heartier, spicier, and more caramelly and pumpkiny than its faint brethren! Perfect finisher on a cool autumn night, or match it up with a slice of pumpkin pie and fresh whipped cream. If you don't agree this is the mother of all pumpkin ales, then you just don't like mothers!

kevinthesipper (10) - Matawan, New Jersey, USA - NOV 16, 2006
this was the first pumpkin ale i actually enjoyed, although next year i’ll be looking forward to the Smuttynose.

JB175 (1665) - Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 15, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2007 Deep amber-orange color with light head. Nice, sweet pumpkin and spice aroma. Taste is spicy and sweet - Rich pumpkin and smooth malts. Cinnamon and pumpkin bread in there too. Thick and chewy. By far the best pumpkin (that may not be saying much) and the best I’ve had in the style.

kenb (1102) - Oregon, USA - NOV 14, 2006
12 oz bottle via pineypower (thanks!). This pours a semi hazy dark amber with a small head. This is the best pumkin aroma i have smelled, because it smells like raw fresh pumpkin and not a bunch of overdone fake spices. All i smell is fresh pumpkin and maybe a LITTLE cinnamon and vanilla. Nice. Tastes like it smells with some added whipped cream and just a little nutmeg.. Is a bit over-carbonated though. Nice finish. Light to medium body. Refreshing and easy to drink. Haha, never thought i would like a pumkin beer, let alone an Imperial one, lol....

aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - NOV 13, 2006
Its no Lakefront, but I would I call it Imperial comparatively. But the higher alcohol content makes it meater than some of the others. I get nutmeg and cloves no cinnamon though---which fine. I agree with pobstk--like Chai Tea (which I love!). Would match nicely with turkey and stuffing, I may round some up for next week.

probstblueribbon (4088) - Nepean, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 12, 2006
Bomber shared with Lubiere. I dig the label. Appearance: orangey-amber, foamy, light tan head. Aroma: all of the spices (clove, cardamon, cinnamon) and some malt. Like Chai tea. Palate: med. bodied and med.-low carbonation. Flav.: nose carries through to the mouth with lots of spices, a bit of alcohol and malt, a touch of sweetness. Short duration (probably a good thing). This would match well with pork (smoked or otherwise) or curries.

tobias (208) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - NOV 11, 2006
22 oz bottle: deep cooper color with a light tan head. aroma is of pumpikn pie. cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and cloves. flavor is of pumkin spice, caramel cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla. over al a nice drinkable beer.

bu11zeye (13239) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 6, 2006
(Bottle) Pours a clear copper body with a moderate white head. Aroma of pumpkin spice and toasted malt. Flavor of pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and malt.

biggcb (464) - Harleysville, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Bottle. This is my 2nd pumpkin of the season and so far, I am thinking this is not one of my favorite styles. I found the cloves to be too prominent in aroma and flavor. Spicy. Some pumpkin comes through, but not as much as I had expected (hoped).

DCJack (187) - Alabama, USA - NOV 3, 2006
I dislike pumpkin beers. they feel cheap and tawdry, like year old halloween candy given out by the neighborhood spinster. But it was Weyerbacher and I figured they deserved a chance. It is the only pumpkin beer I’ve ever liked. Not thrilled by it, but drinkable.

kujo9 (1095) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - NOV 2, 2006
22 oz bomber: One of the few times in the last 4 weeks I can smell a whole lot of anything! Medium amber w/ a lastin cream colored head. Initial aroma experience...EEEWWW! Lots of spices drown out whatever beer character there is. Spices most dominant are cinnamon and allspice, followed by nutmeg. Malt character is very low. Light perfumey alcohol. Well balanced flavor wise, light nutmeg and allspice flavor w/ a semi dry finish. Spicy aftertaste, but muddled. Some toasty malt very light in the flavor. Medium body, light medium carb., very smooth body, a bit of alc. warmth. To be honest, too spicy for my taste/palate. I prefer my spiced ales to be a bit less assertive in the spices. Not a favorite of mine.