overall
RATINGS: 1003   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%
Formerly Weyerbacher Belgian Triple.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

Jabah (829) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - APR 19, 2018
This just didn't do it for me. I am finding Weyerbacher to be sort of hit or miss. Appearance is a pale/cloudy yellow-gold color. There is a lot of flavor going on here, mostly sweet and tart. I am tasting wheat, caramel, citrus, plum, banana....all kinds of goodies. At first I thought overly-sweet, then the tartness kicked in, then back to the sweetness. Both ends were a little extreme for me, as in the end it was mostly sweet & tart fruits with tons of sugar. This beer had potential to be better, but was just a bit above average overall...I'd say below average for it's style.

thebeerbandit (91) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2018
UPDATED: FEB 25, 2018 2/24/18 With Abby while watching New Girl after she beat me 5-4 in speed. Poured from bottle. Deep orange with a fluffy white head. Label is okay looking. Nose is yeast and lots of banana. Maybe some pear. Smells great. Taste is super sweet. Fruity and spicy - almost bubble gum like. Yeast up front with cloves, banana, and pear as well. Palate is thick and sticky with a lingering sweetness. Basically no bitterness. Goes down easy for 9.3%. Overall, this is a nice sweet tripel. Easy drinking with lots of yeasty banana and spice. I would definitely have this again!

johnnnniee (4525) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 13, 2018
Surprised I've never rated this, Bottle from Harvest market. Deep yellow gold color without much of a head. Sweet bready malt candi sugar and light clove an bubble gum. Its a bit sweet for a tripel but it is pretty tasty.

LaserDave (56) - - DEC 24, 2017
Formerly Weyerbacher Belgian Triple. At Weyerbacher we've recreated a Belgian Trippel without limitation. We use premium Pilsener malts, candi-sugar, and yeast strains- all imported from Belgium. To be true to the style, our Trippel is bottle conditioned. This means we add a bit of candi-sugar and yeast just prior to bottling. This imparts a special effervescence to the beer, a creamier carbonation, and also extends the shelf life. The on-going fermentation inside the bottle will change the character of the beer as it ages, and you'll find it becomes dryer with age. You may want to lay down a few bottles for future evaluation. We suggest storing at cellar temperatures -around 55 degrees F- and away from light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

oldthumper (13) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2017
Bottle from Total Wine. The monk on the label urging silence has been replaced by two monks carrying a barrel. Beer pours expectantly with great head that dissipates quickly. Aroma signals it's big on alcohol, but taste is a big disappointment. Cloying candi-sugar sweetness, in-your-face clove phenolics and harsh back-of-the palate bitterness doesn't bring the right balance to make it a worthy BelgianTrippel.

eRock_2013 (552) - South Carolina, USA - OCT 19, 2017
Currently enjoying my fourth bottle (on a fourth separate occasion! lol) from a six pack of this my wife picked up for me a few weeks ago, had not previously had a beer from Weyerbacher in years. This brew is true to style from start to finish, with notes of bubblegum and candy on the nose, but in a distinctly clean and fresh - rather than musty and rustic - way. The flavor features clove and other spices along with a soft fruity note of pear and green apple. Notes of banana also, as described. Dry - rather than syrupy - estery notes, with a mild warming booziness in the finish. Distinctly pear fruit aftertaste. Just an impressive rendition of the style, especially considering it is a relatively mass-produced brew. Well-executed, approachable, drinkable, this Belgian tripel is comparable to Victory's Golden Monkey, and subjectively at least I do prefer this. The smooth natural bottle-conditioned carbonation really is exquisite! Highly recommended!

Stuu666 (16041) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - SEP 11, 2017
Keg at Euston tap west. Pours clear golden, nose is caramel, sweet toffee, floral, light spice, taste is sweet, chewy caramel, floral, little varnish.

pkbites (1041) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 1, 2017
Bottle. Pour is somewhat unimpressive. Little head and no lacing. Aroma is impossible to review. Fruit? Golden kaluba? Hard to pinpoint. Alcohol is undetectable. A slight sourness in the beginning. Gumball penny arcade. That candy coating attacked by a sour sweet tart? Then some flatness. I had a big question mark over my skullcap as I drank it. The lack of alcohol was prominent as it was strong. But there was some warming up in the olfactory. Flirting with genius. Almost....there.

05barnold (52) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2017
Drank from the bottle. Great triple. Fantastic high ABV beer. Would absolutely purchase and drink again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

drsordr (2997) - Loveland, Ohio, USA - AUG 9, 2017
Draft to snifter at Cappy’s pour avg gold with thin white head. Nose sweet malt, Belgian ester, bubble gum, banana. Taste sweeter flavors, fruits, esters, and some balancing malt.