overall
RATINGS: 996   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%
Formerly Weyerbacher Belgian Triple.
At Weyerbacher we've recreated a Belgian Trippel without limitation. We use premium Pilsener malts, candi-sugar, and yeast strains- all imported from Belgium. To be true to the style, our Trippel is bottle conditioned. This means we add a bit of candi-sugar and yeast just prior to bottling. This imparts a special effervescence to the beer, a creamier carbonation, and also extends the shelf life. The on-going fermentation inside the bottle will change the character of the beer as it ages, and you'll find it becomes dryer with age. You may want to lay down a few bottles for future evaluation. We suggest storing at cellar temperatures -around 55 degrees F- and away from light.

mephisto (1293) - TAIWAN - JUN 20, 2005
bottled, strong aroma of sweet fruit, hazy orange w/ off white head. full bodied, very disappointing flavor. not very drinkable, very sweet and sour.

TomGibson (4) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 17, 2005 does not count
Not my favorite Belgian triple, the citrus fizziness was a bit overbearing. A solid brew, but not my favorite.

Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUN 4, 2005
Poured from a bottle. Light amber color with a rather thin white head. Very sweet smelling. Hints of apple and citrus. The flavor is a little alcohol heavy at first and the texture a bit too fizzy. As the beer warms I am able to appreciate the slight banana and apple flavors present. This beer still seems a little unbalanced to me though. Enjoyable but not spectacular.

stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 24, 2005
this beer was good, fruity and different, i liked this beer very drinkable, not my favorite belgian, but it is good

IslandHaole (1286) - Misawa, JAPAN - MAY 18, 2005
A clear Amber color with a small off-white head. Scent of bread with orange marmalade. Alcohol present in the nose. A sweet, tangy unusual flavor that doesn’t work for me. Thin with a funky salty aftertaste. As much as I love Belgians, this one fails to impress.

TomDecapolis (4618) - Milton, Delaware, USA - MAY 13, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2005 A mix of fruit flavors going on here, but I can’t really pinpoint exactly which. Would be interested to see how this one ages. A fairly standard Belgian Tripel. Solid, but nothing too amazing compaired to other Belgian Tripels.

IMtheOptimator (1170) - Brookfield, Connecticut, USA - MAY 8, 2005
Poured a clear effervescent amber with a fizzy off-white head. Sweet aroma of apples and pears. Taste was considerably dry, with hints of flavor reminescent of the aroma. Not as complex or drinkable as other belgian-styles I’ve had. Still, a worthy effort from a "pretty good but not blow your socks off good" brewery.

nicholai (100) - Helsinki, FINLAND - MAY 2, 2005
This pours with a whitish, generous head. The smell suggests honey and something metallic, maybe iron. The taste is warm and round, masking the alcohol well with its sweetness.

Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - APR 30, 2005
Hazy orange body, thin off-white head. Strong fruit aroma with bread and straw notes and a way to evident alcohol tone. Tart fruity and citrusy flavor, sharp and rather unbalanced.

Firemoose15 (567) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2005
Smooth transistion from top to bottom, definite yeast overtones though could just be the run I bought