overall
RATINGS: 997   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%
Formerly Weyerbacher Belgian Triple.
At Weyerbacher we've recreated a Belgian Trippel without limitation. We use premium Pilsener malts, candi-sugar, and yeast strains- all imported from Belgium. To be true to the style, our Trippel is bottle conditioned. This means we add a bit of candi-sugar and yeast just prior to bottling. This imparts a special effervescence to the beer, a creamier carbonation, and also extends the shelf life. The on-going fermentation inside the bottle will change the character of the beer as it ages, and you'll find it becomes dryer with age. You may want to lay down a few bottles for future evaluation. We suggest storing at cellar temperatures -around 55 degrees F- and away from light.

Firemoose15 (567) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2005
Smooth transistion from top to bottom, definite yeast overtones though could just be the run I bought

ivan9856 (192) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 19, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 24, 2009 From the 12 oz. bottle, this ale pours slightly hazy and golden in color, cider-like in its appearance and effervescence; their was a small white, quickly disappaiting head and no lacing. There is a slight malt aroma with some hops and fruity spice. Initial palate is mildly sweet; banana, and refreshing lemon citrus and apple cider-like mid-palate; short, tangy aftertaste; some alcohol warming. January 24, 2009 update: 500 ml corked and caged bottle revealed a more "mature" beer. Bigger and better head; strong spice and alcohol nose, and delicious, well-rounded palate. High ABV. Unable to ascertain bottling date.

Mangino (1027) - Mississippi, USA - APR 19, 2005
(Sudafed and zicam taken before rating, my nose is refusing to work tonight) Pours a slightly hazy golden color, off white head. Aroma is malty apples. Flavor is banana cloves, sweet malt, and lemon. A little cardboard stale hoppiness as well. Thanks to Will Blake for this one!

agl108 (1290) - Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 17, 2005
UPDATED: APR 19, 2005 12 oz. bottle. Beer pours a dark gold with a very thin head. Honey and lemon aroma. Coriander and banana esters shock the taste buds. This one has a bit of a kick to it; the candi sugar leaves a fruity alcohol taste in my mouth. Very sweet...I definitely wouldn’t want to drink more than one of these. I wonder if I’d like this better if it weren’t bottle conditioned.

schocha610 (2) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 4, 2005 does not count
This beer was full of flavor with a nice smooth finish. You can definitely taste the candi-sugar which adds a hint of fruit taste. The price is reasonable and the aftertaste was enjoyable. I had this one on tap and would welcome it again.

pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 2, 2005
Bottle. Pours a hazy dark golden with a slight head and no lacing. Strange for a strong Belgian style. Nose is a little sour and maybe some clove. I really like the taste... It is sour and sweet and has a nice finish that just stays a little dry. A great creaminess is very apparent and to my surprise, it is not very spicy. There are a few undertones of spice, but nothing like most tripels. I wouldn’t know that this was a tripel if the bottle didn’t tell me... I think this is a nice beer and is unique in it’s taste and palate. Nice job.

swirl (267) - collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2005
This is a very good beer. Not being a large fan of Belium beers I liked the appearance and flavor of this one. Light in color with a bit of a kick in the taste.

Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Poured gold, Nice tight white head. Nose has plenty of honey, and I am inclined to say sugar, could be from the description. Sweet, maybe to sweet. There is some banana and yeast. I can’t say this is my favorite style, but this is well made. Creamy, lots more banana, and some clove, and more sweetness. There is also an alcohol warmness coming out, but you can’t really taste it, only feel it. Again, not my favorite style, but good.

goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Poured a golden color. Aroma and flavors of sugar, honey, sweet fruit, and yeast. Nice warming sensation on finish. Medium bodied.

aracauna (3651) - Georgia, USA - MAR 11, 2005
Pours a golden body. There’s a good bit of spice in the aroma and a bit of sweetness. Honey makes up much of the malt profile.