overall
RATINGS: 999   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 279   ABV: 9.3%
Formerly Weyerbacher Belgian Triple.
At Weyerbacher we've recreated a Belgian Trippel without limitation. We use premium Pilsener malts, candi-sugar, and yeast strains- all imported from Belgium. To be true to the style, our Trippel is bottle conditioned. This means we add a bit of candi-sugar and yeast just prior to bottling. This imparts a special effervescence to the beer, a creamier carbonation, and also extends the shelf life. The on-going fermentation inside the bottle will change the character of the beer as it ages, and you'll find it becomes dryer with age. You may want to lay down a few bottles for future evaluation. We suggest storing at cellar temperatures -around 55 degrees F- and away from light.

oldthumper (11) - Winter Park, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2017
Bottle from Total Wine. The monk on the label urging silence has been replaced by two monks carrying a barrel. Beer pours expectantly with great head that dissipates quickly. Aroma signals it's big on alcohol, but taste is a big disappointment. Cloying candi-sugar sweetness, in-your-face clove phenolics and harsh back-of-the palate bitterness doesn't bring the right balance to make it a worthy BelgianTrippel.

eRock_2013 (511) - South Carolina, USA - OCT 19, 2017
Currently enjoying my fourth bottle (on a fourth separate occasion! lol) from a six pack of this my wife picked up for me a few weeks ago, had not previously had a beer from Weyerbacher in years. This brew is true to style from start to finish, with notes of bubblegum and candy on the nose, but in a distinctly clean and fresh - rather than musty and rustic - way. The flavor features clove and other spices along with a soft fruity note of pear and green apple. Notes of banana also, as described. Dry - rather than syrupy - estery notes, with a mild warming booziness in the finish. Distinctly pear fruit aftertaste. Just an impressive rendition of the style, especially considering it is a relatively mass-produced brew. Well-executed, approachable, drinkable, this Belgian tripel is comparable to Victory's Golden Monkey, and subjectively at least I do prefer this. The smooth natural bottle-conditioned carbonation really is exquisite! Highly recommended!

Stuu666 (14916) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - SEP 11, 2017
Keg at Euston tap west. Pours clear golden, nose is caramel, sweet toffee, floral, light spice, taste is sweet, chewy caramel, floral, little varnish.

pkbites (987) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 1, 2017
Bottle. Pour is somewhat unimpressive. Little head and no lacing. Aroma is impossible to review. Fruit? Golden kaluba? Hard to pinpoint. Alcohol is undetectable. A slight sourness in the beginning. Gumball penny arcade. That candy coating attacked by a sour sweet tart? Then some flatness. I had a big question mark over my skullcap as I drank it. The lack of alcohol was prominent as it was strong. But there was some warming up in the olfactory. Flirting with genius. Almost....there.