Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Belgian-style Pale Ale/Sour/Wine bbl-aged/Chamomile/Bitter Orange Peel

Most RecentTicked By

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 13, 2011
In short: A flowery blonde ale with a barnyard character. Nice.
How: Cask at Extreme Beer Fest 2011
The look: Cloudy dark blonde body topped by a white ring of foam
In long: Nose is barnyard, orange peels, scented flowers and perfume. Taste has a nice mix of barnyard character, scented garden flowers, light notes of bitter orange peels. For a beer classified as a Sour Ale/Wild Ale this is not sour at all and only slightly wild with its barnyard character. This was overall a fun beer but Cask was the right vehicle for this beer. I’d like to dry it again from a regular tap. One thing I love about going away on a heavy-drinking beer week-end like Extreme Beer Fest is that I don’t need to get on “Cops” for people to remember me. It doesn’t mean I don’t, it’s just that I don’t *need to*.

Rciesla (5607) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2011
Draft at EBF. Pours a hazy golden body with a white head. Nice spicy body with cinnamon, brett and leather tones. Light orange peel and a hint of honey. Dry herbal finish with a wild light subtle sweetness and plenty of flavor to keep it interesting.

HonusWagner (2223) - Florida, USA - APR 4, 2011
In going back through my pseudo-notes that I made, I realized that most of the sours at EBF/NotB weren’t actually all that sour. This one was definitely not all that sour, more like a sweet witbier with some tartness. Actually, rather good.

j12601 (13099) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAR 17, 2011
Pouring at the Saturday sessions of EBF. Pours a hazed gold with a thin white head. Soft floral notes, sweet, orange pith. Gentle wheat, toast, and honey. Nice wheat and earthy floral notes. Long musky wheat finish.