overall
RATINGS: 1377   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

Diablokev (181) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - FEB 12, 2005
The aroma is of honey, and lemon. The apperance is a cloudy plae gold. The flavor is light of lemon and honey. Overall I have had better, but this one’s not all that bad.

1.4
BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - FEB 9, 2005
Lemon Notes with overwhelming wheat and a few hops. Didn’t care for at all. ass.

IHCNavistar (93) - Orinda, California, USA - FEB 9, 2005
Bottle. Pours a cloudy amber, with some yeast in the bottom (Yum!). Head is somewhat there, but disappears quickly. Carbonation is a little too light for me, but is detectable. Flavor is of a creamy wheat with a few hops notes. One of my regular American Hefeweizen buys.

Tmoney99 (14844) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2005
Tap. Milky golden color with medium white head. Complex aroma with combo of sweet and hops. Very drinkale wheat brew. Good start to a brew evening in San Diego.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - JAN 26, 2005
Very good grocery store alternative. Only my second hefeweizen, enjoy the light flavor, hoppines at the end.

0.9
GuilTTy (735) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Had this on tap at Champps in Marlton, NJ and it’s possible that I got the dregs from the bottom of the keg; however, I’m going to review it as it was and I’ll give it another try soon and edit the review if appropriate. Here goes: Appearance was nothing short of terrible. This beer looked like a glass of turkey gravy and everyone else at my table thought the same thing. Muddy/murky light brown. No head whatsoever (but that might have been the bartender’s fault) and very little lacing. Aroma? What aroma? I could barely tell I was sniffing anything other than water. Maybe a tinge of yeast & mallt but just maybe. Flavor was somewhere between bad and non-existent. Chalky and a little malty but no sweetness, no hops, no spice. There was a little hint of bread in the finish but I had to try hard to pick that out. Overall, this is the worst beer I’ve tasted in a very long time (aside from the industrial macros) but I have to say that if given a choice between another one of these and a Michelob, MGD or Rolling Rock, the choice would be simple.

Pailhead (6543) - Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA - JAN 11, 2005
Bottle: Sweet wheat aroma withour any real citrus or anything else. Pours a real cloudy yellowish-orange with a small white head that diminishes quickly. Light citrus up front with a banana sweetness to balance it. Light clove in the finish. A light hefe but still very drinkable.

jimmack (1223) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2005
Bottle. Cloudy golden color with a small white head. Very little aroma. Some citrus and wheat. Flavor was also pretty mild. Wheat, lemon, bread. Goes down real easy and isn’t bad, but there’s just not much there.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 2, 2005
UPDATED: APR 12, 2006 On tap at a DTW airport bar. Cloudy golden yellow in appearance. Frothy white head subsides quickly for a hefe. Subtle aroma of wheat and banana esters. Tart citrus flavor that does not last. Strong and acrid hop flavor prevents the balance. Not sure what they are using for a hop choice, but they’re using too much and the wrong kind. UPDATE 4/11/6: Had this from the bottle at the Huber Haus weissbier tasting. It sucked compared to the German beers. Harsh palate by comparison. Vom fass is better for this beer, so I won’t decrease my score, just don’t buy bottles of this!

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 21, 2004
Brief white head, pale orange color. Citrus in the nose, plus oranges, herbs. Solid body, easy mouthfeel and texture. Something’s missing, though, and it’s not a lemon. Soft palate, refreshing, but rather mundane. Sorry, it doesn’t zap me like a good wheat ale should.