overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1379   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
Lacks flavor. While a lemon will enhance the taste of any hefe, it is a necessity with this one. I am a big fan of hefeweizens but this one is worthless. Too cloudy even for a hefe. If you get it out of a bottle be sure to swirl and still plan on throwing away the last half inch or so in your glass. I have never seen this much yeast settle out of a hefe.

dthmtldgn (32) - barrington, New Jersey, USA - JUL 27, 2004
i like wheat beers. but this beer reminded me of an orange soda when it poured out of the bottle. there was barely a head, and the carbonation was very noisy. it had a citrus like subtleness to the taste, but thats about the only taste in this beer. ive had better.

eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Not a bad American Wheat... though a little too thick and muddy to compete with most Hefeweizens. This is closer to a cream ale or a Smithwicks. Very bitter. Nothing notable about this beer.

acewingman (6) - Groveland, Florida, USA - JUL 15, 2004 does not count
Personally any beer that needs a lemon wedge can be poured into the sewer. Take the lemon out and here you have a wheat beer with hardly any flavor and plenty bitter...

frylock (1144) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2004
Cloudy golden color, small white head. Wheat, malt and slight banana aroma. Citrusy wheat flavor with a bready finish.

kbjames (244) - Utah, USA - JUL 12, 2004
this is a mediocre beer at best. not much flavor or taste to it. I had it on tap so that made it a little better. But there was plenty of bitterness, so that was good for something. That being said i’m not a big wheat beer fan anyways.

cstuartj (1020) - Washington, USA - JUL 12, 2004
This is my first Hefeweizen style beer. Wasn’t overly impressed but wasn’t aweful either. What really came through to me was the citrus background. I see a lot of people drink this w/ lemon, now I know why. Had this one from Tap w/out lemon or other adder.

zach8270 (4021) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2008 [draft - Jolly Roger - Kill Devil Hills, NC] Poured a light and hazy golden color with a thin and bubbly white head. Plain wheat aroma without much of the banana and citrus that accompany many other wheat beers. Kind of plain tasting, mainly water and wheat with a touch of yeast. The only citrus came from the orange that was resting on the rim of the glass.

1.4
FROTHINGSLOSH (8291) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 4, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 23, 2006 I tried this one twice to make sure that I was right about this one. This has to be one of the worst wheat beers I have ever encountered. Sampled from a 12 oz bottle the beer poured a cloudy orange-gold color with a minimal white head. The appearance was decent at least. The aroma is of sour dry grain. The flavor was dry and nondescript. Vaguely wheaty but overall dominated by the sour macro flavor BMC has made us all familiar with. The body was light and flowed gracefully down my sink without struggle. My wife noted that it smelled and tasted like cat pee. I chose not to debate that point with her.

punkeedo (499) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUN 27, 2004
A good beer--cloudy in appearance adn taste. A complex palate with hints of wheat, malt, and caramel, maybe? I good hefeweizen for hefeweizen lovers.