overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1378   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

Discofish (152) - USA - SEP 18, 2003
I was somewhat dissapointed by this one. It resembles more an ale than a weis beer. Too much hops, and not enough wheat or fruit. Not a bad taste, but not really what I was expecting for the style.

Sham (1844) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 5, 2003
On tap. Pours a hazy gold with nice foamy head. Aroma of wheat and citrus. Pleasant, wheaty flavor, a little hoppy. A pleasing wheat.

ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - SEP 4, 2003
Had it on tap, poured a cloudy gold with a very nice frothy head. Aroma was quite weak. Flavor was hoppier than any wheat ive ever had. A little spicieness and wheat flavor blended well. Not great, but beter than the average wheat.

FatherMoss (21) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - SEP 2, 2003
I was impressed by the pour and the duration of the head, but as the glass wore on I just found myself wishing it was done. There's not much about the flavor and aroma that I could say that hasn't been said before, so I'll just come to the point. A decent beer, but ultimately somewhat forgettable.

omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 26, 2003
This bottle had been sitting around in my sister's pantry for a while (hey, I was desperate). The date on the bottle was October 2000. It's aroma was sweet and yeasty. The color was a nice honey brown. It had a hoppy attack, wheaty body and a bitter leave. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't bad, either considering it was kept in less than ideal conditions. There was quite a bit of yeast sediment collected at the bottom... ahhh, the beauty of unfiltered beer!

garrison (812) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2003
For a wheat beer, this one is lacking in taste... yes, I can detect the lemony character by the slight sourness of the beer - but the bananaesque overtones simply weren't there (except in the aroma and bitterness in the aftertaste). Visually, it looks just as an unfiltered hefeweizen should... cloudy and rich. I think I'll give this one a mild recommendation...

savitska (163) - Smyrna, Georgia, USA - AUG 24, 2003
It's been said here before, but this beer has the look of a great Hefeweiss, but it's flavor is only so-so. I loved the banana-yellow, cloudy color and bananas & lemons in the nose, but the flavor was somewhat lacking. Still refreshing and clean like all the other Hefes I've had, but not as impressive as the pour would lead you to believe.

Shag (3045) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - AUG 23, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2003 First beer of the Southern Brewer Festival and it was the worst. Appearance is cloudy yellow. Aroma is lemon and bananas. Flavor is fairly weak with a slightly sour taste. Heavy on the lemon with some banana flavor. Pretty bad even for the style.

haddon90 (1634) - Newport Beach, California, USA - AUG 22, 2003
I've had several German Wheats this summer. However, I wasn't too impressed with this. Cloudy yellow with a white head, strong wheat flavor. But even the lemon couldn't save this one.

snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - AUG 18, 2003
Well, I've been fairly impressed with the German wheats I've had, so I gave this one a go. Hazy yellow on the pour, forgettable aroma and flavor. I'll have to keep looking, I guess.