overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1379   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A golden unfiltered wheat beer that is truly cloudy and clearly superb.

emmas49er (1) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 23, 2005 does not count
Boring? Dull? This beer is a head turner. I can’t make my way through a crowd of people without people asking what I’m drinking. That never happens with other beers in my experience. But I guess that is boring. No head? Do you know how to pour this hefe? If you pour it right there is plenty of head. No taste? This has only been the best selling draught craft beer in Portland since 1984, since its release. And Portland knows craft beer better than any other town, with more breweries per capita than Munich. Not a true Hefe? This is only brewed with the oldest strain of yeast direct from Germany and turned into the first American Hefe. But I guess it’s not a Hefe. Wow. I would love to see a list of what you think is a good beer, but I know you will just provide names of beers that you’ve read are great, instead of admitting to the Pabst in your fridge.

runrider (3) - USA - JAN 5, 2006 does not count
This is my favorite beer ever. Great for camping because it still tastes good warm, which is amazing for any beer (sold in USA anyway). If you’re poor like me, its still worth the extra money. Out west I’ve seen it on tap, too bad its hard to find here in Delaware (it does exist here). Very smooth and flavorful.

mahlon (19) - Monterey, California, USA - MAR 14, 2007
When my family gets together this is the most popular beer by far, and we always run out of it first. It’s incredibly refreshing. Plus it’s really fun to try and say Hefeweizen after you’ve had a few!
This is the first type of this beer that I’ve tried and it’s so good that it’s the only Hefe I’ll ever need!

milwaukeebeer (53) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 4, 2008
If ever there was a beer made to be garnished with a lemon wedge, this is it! Wow! On a hot, muggy day nothing comes close to this brew. Thank you Widmer Brothers for crafting this masterpiece! A++

johnnyawesome (3) - Oregon, USA - DEC 7, 2010 does not count
Much better off tap than out of a bottle. My favorite beer to get a couple pitchers of with my buddies.

kereltis (33) - Oregon, USA - JUN 27, 2012
Absolutely fantastic beer, beautiful taste, awesome on the palette with a clean crisp finish. Don’t let the cloudy look put you off, try it today you’ll just love how easy it goes down!