overall

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 2.99/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%

darkseduction (761) - Zweibrücken, GERMANY - JAN 19, 2014
Flasche 50cl. Hellbraunes süffiges Landbier wie es sein soll. Malzig, leichte Bittere im Hintergrund. Leicht hefig im Abgang. Richtig lecker.

polaxis (73) - SWITZERLAND - AUG 24, 2013
500ml flip-top bottle. Goldon colour, generous, persistent foamy white head. Malty / bready aroma with a slight touch of herbal and earthy. Hoppy finish. Overall very pleasant but not suited for drinking more than one bottle in a row.

rok1024 (1272) - Maribor, SLOVENIA - AUG 10, 2013
Almost clear golden pale orange appearance. Decent but fast disappearing head. Aroma and taste are malty and medium hoppy. Overall decent Landbier style.

boddhitree (58) - Frankfurt, Hesse, GERMANY - MAY 9, 2013
Bought the Wiesener Altfränkisches Landbier on Biershop-Bayern’s site. At least today’s beer is a family business, according to their site. It’s 5.6%, yellow-gold in color, unfiltered and "süffig," (meaning "drinkable", as in "goes down well" - one of the best complements I get when I ask Germans to try my homebrew) and that’s all they say on their page to describe their beer. The aroma is full-on Pilsner malts, very enticing, almost bready. The taste is quite like it’s aroma, Pilsner malts to the forefront though a little bitter, too. It’s not a thin beer but also not overly thick. With all the malt flavor, it’s still has quite a lot of bittering hops in the back as well as front. Obviously, I detect very little aroma hops and mostly bittering hops, for being labeled a "drinkable" beer, I find it almost a tad too bitter, especially as it warms up. I had to get some Gelbwurst and Butterkäse Overall, a good, very good beer, an above average beer, but, though I’m a hop head, I find the use of bittering hops a tad overdone. I have 8 more bottles of this stuff waiting for me and I think I’ll try more salty foods when I drink this again. Nonetheless, the bitterness is starting to grow on me and I’m starting to enjoy it.

omhper (25753) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 21, 2012
Bottled, from biershop-bayern.de. Hazy golden, majestic, firm head. Fruity and grassy. Sweet, soft malt. Ripe fruits, grass and salt. Mid bitter finish. On the sweet side.

Mariusz (12083) - Baden-Baden, GERMANY - SEP 9, 2012
Hazy yellow with moderate carbonation. Sweetish, orange fruit and grassy hop aroma.

fiulijn (21292) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 1, 2012
Bottle from Bier-Hannes Getränkeabholmarkt, Frankfurt, bb 26.01.12
Hazy blond color; generous head, high carbonation. This is a delicate Helles, with mild malt aroma, quite nice and dry malt flavor, light honey touch, and respectable bitterness. Pleasant, fresh and with humble elegance.

Idiosynkrasie (7980) - Bielefeld, GERMANY - MAR 28, 2012
500ml bottle. Clear golden colour with huge stable frothy white head. Decent slightly sweet caramel malt aroma, a cautious hop note. Taste is (not too sweet) caramel malt, somewhat monotonous until a bitter hop note flashes up to the very end. Not bad in taste, but anaemic in the characteristic of all flavours.

Quack-Duck (9533) - Down South, GERMANY - MAR 15, 2012
bottle from biershop-bayern. Hazy golden colour, large white head. Malty, quite dry overall, hoppy with a grassy-herbal character.

oh6gdx (26485) - Vasa, FINLAND - FEB 18, 2012
Bottled. Golden colour, small white head. Aroma is bready, floral, herbal and mildly earthy. Flavour is floral, bready, herbal and mildly earthy. Also has some slight doughlike/yeasty notes. Refreshing and pleasant. Would be hard to drink many in a row though. Crisp carbonation.