overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 714   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Not suited for timid or reserved beer drinkers, Wild Blue’s defining taste characteristic is its kick of natural blueberry flavor. The Blue Dawg Brewing team carefully selected a blend of hops and barley malt to ensure they complemented and balanced Wild Blue’s dominant blueberry notes, resulting in a robust and aromatic beer with a refreshing, palate-cleansing finish. Wild Blue is brewed with a blend of German hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria and classic Aroma hops from the Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest. A combination of two- and six-row barley malt also was chosen specifically for this recipe. Beer lovers will appreciate this specialty fruit-infused lager’s striking burgundy color, ripe blueberry aroma and its ability to stand up to the strongest of foods.

beer_rookie (642) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 7, 2016
Pours a very blue color. Has a very cranberry or maybe pink/purple colored head. Very strange. Poor retention, okay lacing. It gets points for the odd color and odd head.

Aroma is blueberry pancake syrup. Blueberry sno-cone syrup. Very much blueberry. But hey, there is some light hops in there. Yes, there is. Maybe light earthy or floral. Smells really good.

Taste is blueberry syrup. Light bread crust. Some hop bitterness, or maybe it’s the alcohol. Very sweet.

Mouthfeel is full bodied. A little slick, pretty wet. No alcohol taste anywhere. It’s heavy, but easy to drink.

Overall, I know that ’I’m not supposed to like it.’. But I do. It’s interesting, it’s different. Its tasty. Can’t say I’d drink too many of these at one sitting. I would buy it again. I would probably recommend it. Seriously, it’s not terrible.

Mrnoluv (358) - long beach, California, USA - NOV 4, 2016
Blueberry, fruity, malty smell, blueberry color, purple white head, very sweet, fruity, bubbly taste, the sweetness in strong, no start to even it out. This tastes like a mainline beer, not much too it but sweetness and fruit. Not complex at all, it is what you get.

dtemp416 (1) - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA - AUG 29, 2016 does not count
My favorite beer! I wish there was somewhere to buy it in Rocky Mt, Va.

AlbanianMonk (7) - - AUG 21, 2016 does not count
By far my favorite beer. Yes, I know it has a fruity taste to it and it has a bluish purple color to it, but it tastes great. Reminds me a bit of some of the Kasteel beers I had in Europe.

Cajun (539) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - AUG 13, 2016
Bottle - Pours freakin purple. Purple and flat. Blueberry is dominant and seems more like sparkling grape juice than a beer.

zubblwump (118) - Michigan, USA - JUL 31, 2016
Finally decide to give this a try after seeing on the shelf everywhere. Pours a surprisingly dark cranberry-purple with tons of fizz... Yeah, it’s more soda fizz than an actual head. Smells like fruit juice or maybe a sweet red wine. Taste is more grape juice than anything resembling beer. Very carbonated. I swear this reminds me of Grape Crush. It’s not horrible, I guess. But it’s not beer either.

Docavey (89) - Lehigh Acres, Florida, USA - JUL 26, 2016
Had this from a bottle in Mew Haven with Stefan after picking blueberries. Nose is malty but taste is like a sweet berry soda pop. Surprised by the 8% alcohol because it seems lighter and easy to drink. F Avey---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Tommygun453 (40) - California, USA - JUL 18, 2016
Pours a dark blue, with small pinkish head. Smells fruity like blueberries, taste is not as sweet as a smirnoff or hard lemonade but fruit juice sweet. Has a somewhat artificial taste similar to cold medication. This isnt a beer more of a flavored malt beverage. Not the greatest but I will keep drinking it since it has 8% alochol, I like the buzz!

chinchill (5242) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 2, 2016
12 oz bottle. Dark purple-blue body is clear and topped but a pinkish-white head. Fruity smell of berries including blueberries. Flavor: sweet, berry-like flavor with blueberries; overly sweet. Overall: not good but not entirely awful either.

gschrade (1094) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - JUN 22, 2016
I got this from Friar Tucks. Pours dark blue-purple with a purplish head. Taste sweet, blueberries. I thought this was ok. I could drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone