overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 714   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Not suited for timid or reserved beer drinkers, Wild Blue’s defining taste characteristic is its kick of natural blueberry flavor. The Blue Dawg Brewing team carefully selected a blend of hops and barley malt to ensure they complemented and balanced Wild Blue’s dominant blueberry notes, resulting in a robust and aromatic beer with a refreshing, palate-cleansing finish. Wild Blue is brewed with a blend of German hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria and classic Aroma hops from the Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest. A combination of two- and six-row barley malt also was chosen specifically for this recipe. Beer lovers will appreciate this specialty fruit-infused lager’s striking burgundy color, ripe blueberry aroma and its ability to stand up to the strongest of foods.

penguinfinity's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
penguinfinity (107) - North Carolina, USA - FEB 4, 2014
Bottle. Smells strongly of blueberry, and the taste follows. Looks like grape juice in the glass. Head is mostly carbonation, a reddish purple that fades quickly. It starts off with a basic lager flavor, which is quickly washed over with blueberry. I understand all the reasons beer snobs look down at this, but I enjoy it. It’s not a complex porter or IPA, but it has its place.

BarrelMonger77 (3) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JUL 27, 2017 does not count
I freaking LOVE this beer. This is not by any means a regular beer. Deep purple with light purple head. Supposed to be blueberry but really grape. Very refreshing and easy drinking. Careful, will sneak up on you. 8% alcohol is no lie. Come to think of it, believe I’ll open up one now.

ManVsBeer (10650) - Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 19, 2017
Bottle from Publix Supermarket, Lexington, South Carolina. Purple-red with next to no head. Berry fruity sweet with blueberry and cherry prevalent. Rich to the extent you can’t feel its strength, although you can just about tell this in its nose.

tinabak (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 16, 2017 does not count
If you want regular beer, don’t drink it. It’s a fun refreshing beer with a definite blueberry flavor. It is great for summer. It is a deep wine color sparkling, minimal head as it comes out of the bottle. Reminds me of a wine spritzer, but not too sweet. It is 8% alcohol, so it isn’t a wimpy beer.

coreychamb8 (1) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - MAY 3, 2017 does not count
The best beer I’ve ever tasted. I have a sweet tooth, but never thought I would satisfy it in a beer. Great taste, great aroma, great overall beer. Brought to a party and now my friends are addicted to it. We welcome you to try, but if you do not like sweet beers , this one may not be for you.

0.7
bkarv246 (1) - Virginia, USA - APR 21, 2017 does not count
After drinking sea dog blueberry wheat and thoroughly enjoying it I decided to give wild blue a shot when I saw a six pack at the grocery store. I was UNpleasantly surprised! If they made a blueberry flavored cough syrup this certainly would have hit the flavor profile on the head. This is by far one of the worst beers I’ve had in awhile. I’ll be pawning the other 5 off to some unsuspecting pals and switching back to my Irish red home brew for the remainder of the evening.

MisterTrick (8) - Olney, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2017 does not count
very different for sure, the aroma seems odd at first, blueberry is usually very subdued naturally the initial flavor is kind jarring, as i drank more it seemed to settle in, quite sweet, kinda too much it’s drinkable for me, worth a try

HopsProfessor30 (1) - Kingman, Arizona, USA - JAN 24, 2017 does not count
Awesome blueberry beer...Love this beer...It’s flavor is incredible 💜💙🍺

1.1
col_beercdr (1) - - JAN 6, 2017 does not count
Tastes like cough syrup... ugh... Bad cough syrup... The kind that you take and then shiver... The kind you take and then have to drink a bunch of water... for like ten minutes... This stuff is not beer... Made by those InBev dopes... 8% alcohol - I guess that’s good cause if you can choke it down quick you get buzzed and maybe won’t taste it. Overpriced, crappy taste, and basically non-drinkable. Sucks... don’t waste your money...

basaywhat (287) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - NOV 28, 2016
12 oz bottle. Purple with small light purple head. Strong aroma of blueberries. Light body with a medicinal blueberry flavor upfront and a sweet finish. Basically blueberry cough syrup. Gross!

beer_rookie (583) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 7, 2016
Pours a very blue color. Has a very cranberry or maybe pink/purple colored head. Very strange. Poor retention, okay lacing. It gets points for the odd color and odd head.

Aroma is blueberry pancake syrup. Blueberry sno-cone syrup. Very much blueberry. But hey, there is some light hops in there. Yes, there is. Maybe light earthy or floral. Smells really good.

Taste is blueberry syrup. Light bread crust. Some hop bitterness, or maybe it’s the alcohol. Very sweet.

Mouthfeel is full bodied. A little slick, pretty wet. No alcohol taste anywhere. It’s heavy, but easy to drink.

Overall, I know that ’I’m not supposed to like it.’. But I do. It’s interesting, it’s different. Its tasty. Can’t say I’d drink too many of these at one sitting. I would buy it again. I would probably recommend it. Seriously, it’s not terrible.