overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 716   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Not suited for timid or reserved beer drinkers, Wild Blue’s defining taste characteristic is its kick of natural blueberry flavor. The Blue Dawg Brewing team carefully selected a blend of hops and barley malt to ensure they complemented and balanced Wild Blue’s dominant blueberry notes, resulting in a robust and aromatic beer with a refreshing, palate-cleansing finish. Wild Blue is brewed with a blend of German hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria and classic Aroma hops from the Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest. A combination of two- and six-row barley malt also was chosen specifically for this recipe. Beer lovers will appreciate this specialty fruit-infused lager’s striking burgundy color, ripe blueberry aroma and its ability to stand up to the strongest of foods.

alfonzodon (1) - - DEC 23, 2011 does not count
I LOVE this beer! It is the best. It’s hard to drink any other beer after having had this.

HarleyGirl (1) - - OCT 16, 2013 does not count
My favorite of all time ! It’s rare and hard to find so I stock up and save it for special days !

jumbles (1) - - APR 12, 2014 does not count
Great beer for a refreshing taste. Do not pretend to be anything different than it is. Taste like nothing you have ever had before!

tormod1954 (1) - Lantana, Florida, USA - SEP 29, 2015 does not count
Excellent in every catagory, I will have this to drink every weekend, have been waiting for this since I found out blueberries were good for you and I became 21. Gets a Best Lager on the PLANET from me.

AlbanianMonk (7) - - AUG 21, 2016 does not count
By far my favorite beer. Yes, I know it has a fruity taste to it and it has a bluish purple color to it, but it tastes great. Reminds me a bit of some of the Kasteel beers I had in Europe.

dtemp416 (1) - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA - AUG 29, 2016 does not count
My favorite beer! I wish there was somewhere to buy it in Rocky Mt, Va.

coreychamb8 (1) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - MAY 3, 2017 does not count
The best beer I’ve ever tasted. I have a sweet tooth, but never thought I would satisfy it in a beer. Great taste, great aroma, great overall beer. Brought to a party and now my friends are addicted to it. We welcome you to try, but if you do not like sweet beers , this one may not be for you.

tinabak (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 16, 2017 does not count
If you want regular beer, don’t drink it. It’s a fun refreshing beer with a definite blueberry flavor. It is great for summer. It is a deep wine color sparkling, minimal head as it comes out of the bottle. Reminds me of a wine spritzer, but not too sweet. It is 8% alcohol, so it isn’t a wimpy beer.

MadagascarAdam (1) - Dittmer, Missouri, USA - AUG 23, 2017 does not count
I love this beer! I think this is probably my favorite beer ever. I’m not a major beer drinker, but I’ve come to really enjoy dark beers, especially ambers, over the last few years and often drink a beer with dinner most nights. I also LOVE blueberries (and have loved them since I was little). In my opinion, this beer combines the best possible flavors of beer - a bit of bitterness and earthiness, a little rich and carbonated - with the right mix of blueberry flavor - not quite overdoing the blueberry, but certainly noticeable. It makes it a bit sweet too, to counterbalance the blueberry flavor, but certainly not overly sweet like a lot of wine coolers and chick beers are - just sweet enough, I think. I also really like that it’s a stronger beer (8%), somehow that really adds to it, in my opinion. If you don’t like blueberry or other fruit flavors in your beer, then I’m sure you won’t like this one. If you like that really classic lager flavor to be the strongest flavor you taste, then you might find the blueberries overpower it here. But if you like a bit of fruity flavor and/or darker stronger beers, then you might really enjoy this one. To me, it’s my favorite. I can drink it with a meal or by itself and it’s always good! roasty, floral, citrus, earthy, woody, red, clear, light sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, medium body, slick feel, lively, bitter,