overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 713   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Not suited for timid or reserved beer drinkers, Wild Blue’s defining taste characteristic is its kick of natural blueberry flavor. The Blue Dawg Brewing team carefully selected a blend of hops and barley malt to ensure they complemented and balanced Wild Blue’s dominant blueberry notes, resulting in a robust and aromatic beer with a refreshing, palate-cleansing finish. Wild Blue is brewed with a blend of German hops from the Hallertau region in Bavaria and classic Aroma hops from the Willamette Valley in the Pacific Northwest. A combination of two- and six-row barley malt also was chosen specifically for this recipe. Beer lovers will appreciate this specialty fruit-infused lager’s striking burgundy color, ripe blueberry aroma and its ability to stand up to the strongest of foods.

MadagascarAdam (1) - Dittmer, Missouri, USA - AUG 23, 2017 does not count
I love this beer! I think this is probably my favorite beer ever. I’m not a major beer drinker, but I’ve come to really enjoy dark beers, especially ambers, over the last few years and often drink a beer with dinner most nights. I also LOVE blueberries (and have loved them since I was little). In my opinion, this beer combines the best possible flavors of beer - a bit of bitterness and earthiness, a little rich and carbonated - with the right mix of blueberry flavor - not quite overdoing the blueberry, but certainly noticeable. It makes it a bit sweet too, to counterbalance the blueberry flavor, but certainly not overly sweet like a lot of wine coolers and chick beers are - just sweet enough, I think. I also really like that it’s a stronger beer (8%), somehow that really adds to it, in my opinion. If you don’t like blueberry or other fruit flavors in your beer, then I’m sure you won’t like this one. If you like that really classic lager flavor to be the strongest flavor you taste, then you might find the blueberries overpower it here. But if you like a bit of fruity flavor and/or darker stronger beers, then you might really enjoy this one. To me, it’s my favorite. I can drink it with a meal or by itself and it’s always good! roasty, floral, citrus, earthy, woody, red, clear, light sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, medium body, slick feel, lively, bitter,

BarrelMonger77 (3) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JUL 27, 2017 does not count
I freaking LOVE this beer. This is not by any means a regular beer. Deep purple with light purple head. Supposed to be blueberry but really grape. Very refreshing and easy drinking. Careful, will sneak up on you. 8% alcohol is no lie. Come to think of it, believe I’ll open up one now.

ManVsBeer (10801) - Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 19, 2017
Bottle from Publix Supermarket, Lexington, South Carolina. Purple-red with next to no head. Berry fruity sweet with blueberry and cherry prevalent. Rich to the extent you can’t feel its strength, although you can just about tell this in its nose.

tinabak (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 16, 2017 does not count
If you want regular beer, don’t drink it. It’s a fun refreshing beer with a definite blueberry flavor. It is great for summer. It is a deep wine color sparkling, minimal head as it comes out of the bottle. Reminds me of a wine spritzer, but not too sweet. It is 8% alcohol, so it isn’t a wimpy beer.

coreychamb8 (1) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - MAY 3, 2017 does not count
The best beer I’ve ever tasted. I have a sweet tooth, but never thought I would satisfy it in a beer. Great taste, great aroma, great overall beer. Brought to a party and now my friends are addicted to it. We welcome you to try, but if you do not like sweet beers , this one may not be for you.

0.7
bkarv246 (1) - Virginia, USA - APR 21, 2017 does not count
After drinking sea dog blueberry wheat and thoroughly enjoying it I decided to give wild blue a shot when I saw a six pack at the grocery store. I was UNpleasantly surprised! If they made a blueberry flavored cough syrup this certainly would have hit the flavor profile on the head. This is by far one of the worst beers I’ve had in awhile. I’ll be pawning the other 5 off to some unsuspecting pals and switching back to my Irish red home brew for the remainder of the evening.

MisterTrick (8) - Olney, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2017 does not count
very different for sure, the aroma seems odd at first, blueberry is usually very subdued naturally the initial flavor is kind jarring, as i drank more it seemed to settle in, quite sweet, kinda too much it’s drinkable for me, worth a try

HopsProfessor30 (1) - Kingman, Arizona, USA - JAN 24, 2017 does not count
Awesome blueberry beer...Love this beer...It’s flavor is incredible 💜💙🍺