overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Premium lager, brewed with spices and with natural flavors and color from juice added.

queenholly (3623) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - SEP 9, 2012
Bottle. Smells like fruit punch. Hazy fruit punch red with a moderate pink head. Looks suspiciously like Red #40. Tastes like a Hairy Buffalo I had in my youth. Artificial berry and alcohol flavor. Light fizzy body.

STL_Drew (153) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 9, 2012
One finger head, red/pink head, fully diminishing, raspberry aroma, raspberry flavor with a malty aftertaste, a couple of these would cause some stomach pains.

0.7
jcweaver (768) - VA Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 9, 2012
Bottle. This stuff is horrible. Couldn’t even drink it all. Pours red with a medium pink head. Aroma and flavor of artificial raspberry syrup, soured malts and low grade alcohol. Finish is cloyingly sweet with undertones of garbage.

scooterbub (1067) - Lander, Wyoming, USA - SEP 5, 2012
12 Ounce Bottle. Pours a hazy red pink with a decent one inch pink head that slowly collapses. Taste is of raspberries, fruit juice and a touch of alcohol. Similar aroma. Has a decent body with some warming alcohol in the finish. Reminds me of a wine cooler in some ways, but retains a decent beer connection. Very easy to drink and rather easy to enjoy. Would probably make a good cooking beer. Probably encapsulated the best (out of the three wild beers) as to which A_B was striving for in this series.

JK (6146) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 5, 2012
Red with pink foam. The lager yeast is there as well as sugar and some berry. Sweet. My girlfriend liked it.

BVery (10501) - Plymouth, Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2012
Bottle. Reddish purple pour with a pink head. Kind of artificial everything - sweet raspberry dominates. That said - not terrible. It’s kind of tasty, if you are in the mood.

Beerathon (1683) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 30, 2012
Looks and smells like Kool-Aid. I was almost afraid to try it. Little foam the quickly goes away, and it’s reddish purple in color. Taste is bad, does not taste like beer. I have a policy against drain pouring, but holy crap I just might...

damzz (500) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2012
A fizzy high grav lager with raspberry juice. High fruit nose, opaque red with slight gold color, light red head. Taste is, well, raspberry. Crispness of a lager. Reminiscent of a lambic as mribm already stated. It is what it says it is.

obguthr (6345) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - AUG 25, 2012
Reasonably strong aroma of raspberries. Cloudy red, no head. Raspberry flavor, syrupy sweet. Mouthfeel is soft and light bodied. No alcohol detected. Not a lot too see here, just a cloying fruity mess with hidden alcohol. It’ rather obvious what the intent is for this um, beer. Rape drink.

mribm (462) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 23, 2012
When I bought this beer I wanted a light fruity beer for a warm summers day. My two choices were Sam Adam’s Cherry Wheat and this beer. Of course I chose this beer and on my way home I noticed it was brewed by Anheuser - Busch and immediately my expectations fell. Then when I got home, I came here to check it’s ratings and my expectations hit rock bottom, as everyone rated it poorly Anyway, when I got outside and poured the first beer into my frozen mug (to kill off any unwanted Anheuser - Busch aftertaste) it poured a beautiful pinkish-red color with a one inch head of light pink foam. It looked like watermelon juice fresh from the juicer with the foam on it. The nose was of raspberries and nothing else. The flavor was very much like the lambic style, rather than a lager. Had I been expecting a lager, I would have been disappointed, but since I also like lambics, it was delicious.. (I know...I used the words "delicious" and "Anheuser - Busch" in the same paragraph which is blasphemy in the beer community), but I think this is VERY good! I’m not sure what the other raters expected to taste in a raspberry beer, other than raspberries, but it beat my expectations. I didn’t want a lot of hops (although I love them) and I didn’t want something real malty since it was in the mid-80’s outside. I wanted a sweet fruit beer and that is what I got. I was surprised by the lambic style, which also left some sediment in the bottom of the bottle. I’ve seen that sediment from yeast in ales and white beers, but never a lager. I drank 2 bottles rapidly in the summer heat, before I realized these are 8% ABV. That took me by surprise, because it went down so smooth. Maybe drinking them cold in the summer sun is the trick to making them taste good, although I also wouldn’t mind trying it this winter at a slightly warmer temperature and its warming effect due to the high ABV.