overall
Style: Fruit Beer
Calgary, Canada
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 68   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
It is a light bodied ale with a distinctive raspberry flavor and aroma and contains 4.5% by volume. It is made with whole raspberries (not extract!) and its light hopping and refreshing nature makes it a great hot weather patio beer.

TheDoctor (67) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 5, 2009
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2009 fairly ordinary fruit beer with a good nose and the raspberry flavor isn’t overpowering but compliments other ingredients nicely.

hollybeery (66) - Texas, USA - JAN 14, 2011
Bottle. Pours pinkish amber. Nose is fruity. Palate is light hoppy with raspberry on the finish. Not what I expected.

Proteus93 (66) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - SEP 28, 2008
Crisp golden. A somewhat fizzy white head... very short retention, leaving almost nothing behind. Very light aroma. The raspberry scent is there, but quite modest, and about the only thing noticable. Like the aroma, the raspberry is very light. A pale malt flavour, but not a whole lot more going on. Light, refreshing and a clean finish. Not the most complex thing, but a great summer beer, and an excellent candidate for an introduction to craft beer / macro-crossover

MatKool (64) - CANADA - SEP 9, 2005
Pours a nice cherry color with a light pink head. Strong fruity/rasberry aroma. Malty tasting brew with rasberry accents highlighted by a smooth aftertaste.

tdubs92 (63) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 10, 2014
The only aroma this fruit beer leaves is a tart raspberry smell. Pinkish hue beer with a 2 finger head. Taste is impeccable (if you like raspberrys) with a light malty finish. My friends and I love this underrated beer.

revoltingblob (48) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - APR 17, 2016
bottle pours a reddish pink. not much going on here, mostly just the raspberry flavor and thats about it. pretty decent for what it is. nothing special though

thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 16, 2006
Love fruit beers. Wanted something in Canada like the Thomas Kemper, and by george, I found it! What a great summer beer.

0.8
Canadastar (14) - , Alberta, CANADA - JUN 20, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2008 "...the flavour is very bland as if each taste cancels themselves out." I agree, but this for me is not a good thing. Purchased 6 bottles of this stuff and pours with almost no head at all that quickly disappears. The aftertaste is a bit heavy for me. I don’t think I could stomach another one. Perhaps my girlfriend might enjoy it.. Not a very good raspberry beer IMO. I almost want my $12.00 bucks back...

birrart (6) - Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 1, 2007 does not count
This is a good raspberry beer, that may even be able to be kicked up a notch if a similar yeast like Erdinger was used... It has a very dry finish, not unpleasant, and it goes great with a salad. One of my favorites from the brewery. I had some on tap at Original Joes in Kensington during Stampede, and it went down quickly while I was sitting on their patio under the late afternoon sun...