overall
RATINGS: 642   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
During even the coldest of weather, warm up to the smooth, robust taste of our Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale. Full of rich aromas that you find in the winter months, hints of vanilla and flavorful hops, this is a beer that is great for pouring into a large tulip glass and enjoying with friends around a fireplace.

framebender (56) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 28, 2006
I don’t care what anyone says, I think this stuff is good. Doesn’t taste like beer - tastes like candy. Real sugary with malty body and absolutely no hops. I put flavor before style guidelines or anything else and I really like this beer. Strong strong vanilla taste with sweet malt at the front. Look forward to buying this again. Just think candy not beer when drinking it and it is really enjoyable.

damzz (521) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 16, 2010
Thin off white head; color is a pleasingly translucent orange brown; aroma has hints of malt and vanilla. Taste is malty sweet with a lusicious overtone of vanilla and a hint of the bourbon cask. Aftertaste is appropriately bitter. Who cares who makes it? Enjoy!

JustinBennett (67) - junction city, Kansas, USA - DEC 21, 2007
bottle thanks to ford9719. poured a dark amber color. taste of sweet lemons and oranges. finished with lemon spice. good beer

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - DEC 7, 2008
Amber red in color with an orangish head. Slight earthy smell. Hoppy taste with a hint of vanilla in the aftertaste. I thought there was a nutmeg taste to it as well. I was very impressed with this beer. You gotta love winter brews.
Earlier Rating: 4/27/2008 Total Score: 3.6
Caramel smell with a hint of vanilla. You could definitely taste the vanilla in this brew. Dark copper in color with little to no head. Not a bad brew. I have not had a winter brew that I have not liked.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kingofthemtn (56) - - JUL 1, 2015
from notes 1-12-2011. I don’t think this beer is made anymore, but I wish it was. I bought a single bottle because I was intrigued by the vanilla while buying a ton of single bottles at Beers of the World in Rochester. Dark amber color, very little head, tasty malt flavor, smooth with slight vanilla. I think this fall I’ll try to homebrew a porter with bourbon soaked vanilla beans and maybe perle hops.

gallagwar (30) - USA - DEC 31, 2006
Let me start by saying that this is most likely the sweetest beer I’ve ever had in my life. It’s pure sugar. But for some reason, I love it. Perhaps it’s my ability to look past the Anheuser-Busch label and just enjoy the candy goodness. Maybe I’m alone, but I can’t get enough of this beer, much like Jack’s Pumpkin Spice.

jgarvey (1) - USA - JAN 23, 2007 does not count
The only other burbon aged ale I have had was from Goose Island. For a major maker of beer AB seems to have made a great beer. It is on tap at the LONE STAR in Gurnee. Bartender said it was for sale at Cardinal Liquors down the road, but they didn’t have any.