RATINGS: 642   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
During even the coldest of weather, warm up to the smooth, robust taste of our Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale. Full of rich aromas that you find in the winter months, hints of vanilla and flavorful hops, this is a beer that is great for pouring into a large tulip glass and enjoying with friends around a fireplace.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

gotebo (11) - carnegie, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 21, 2006
I bought the 3.2 Oklahoma version and it was a pitiful concoction. The ingrediants tasted scortched instead of roasted. And what’s the point of adding vanilla to beer? Maybe a cookie maker hired on at the brewery. I had to add a shot of lemon juice just to choke the beer down.

Zymologist (30) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - DEC 9, 2006
Dear Lord. I’d rather drink Bud Light. Did A-B pay people to rate this beer as high as it is? Tastes like Watkins Vanilla Bean extract, poured over a Gem Cream Soda and filtered through Peyton Manning’s jock (maybe he’ll do a commercial for this as well). I thought maybe a shot of rum would make this palatable. It did not.

Abel (13) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2007
On tap at RFD in DC. Asked the bartender what it was, but he didn’t know. Should’ve known this would be terrible when I saw it was from St. Louis on the menu. Color was reddish. No smell. Tastes like someone took some sugar and fake vanilla and threw it in some macro lager. That said, I’d rather have the plain old macro lager. Worst beer I’ve ever had I think.

yjb (113) - Davis, California, USA - DEC 14, 2007
put some bud in barrel for a week, and toss vanilla extract in it... if it comes out worse than this, i’ll be shocked.

spd2230 (1) - USA - JAN 17, 2008 does not count
Imagine a vanilla Michelob. Disgusting, right? There you have it. Don’t get me wrong, AB beers are watery, but generally palatable, this one is just nasty.

0.7
chunkydark (10) - Geneseo, Illinois, USA - MAR 23, 2007
One of the worst beers I’ve ever tasted. Imagine if Nyquil came in a caramel flavor.

0.6
EventHorizon (7) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - DEC 16, 2005 does not count
i had this beer on tap at the beer hunter and it is amazingly bad. "aww.. how cute, the snowman, lets try it".. i’m sure is what they want people to say when ordering. the bar is sending the keg back, just like the jacks pumpkin spice. AB, please stop. your weak ass brews are horrid. cheers!

optemoz (171) - Apex, North Carolina, USA - NOV 14, 2006
Tap - I tried this because i was so excited to try a cask ale...and i have to say.. i was DISGUSTED .. The pour looked pretty.. but god the taste was absolutly terrible.. i gave it back.. Everyone says vanilla.. all i tasted was COUGH SYRUP ... GROSS DONT GET IT EVER!

a10555 (125) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JAN 17, 2007
I bought a 6 pack and was looking forward to trying. I didn’t notice the brewer until after I tasted how bad it was. I poured out the other 5 bottles.

ford9719 (371) - Vilseck, GERMANY - DEC 17, 2007
Bottle. Poured a ruby orange clear color. Aroma is malt and bourbon. Taset is very small bourbon finish.