overall
Harelbeke, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 495   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Also marketed as Rosarda in the UK
A blend of regular Wittekerke, the best Belgian wheat beer, known for its fruity aroma and taste, together with 10% of the purest Raspberry fruit, and a dash of the Petrus Aged Pale ale, the original mother beer that is aged in oak for up to 3 years. This combination is made in heaven, beer-heaven at the Bavik brewery in Belgium.

1.4
boboski (1095) - Alabama, USA - JAN 19, 2007
Can. Fizzy pink pour, no head, just more fizz. Aroma is gross. Powdered raspberry puree, nutrasweet, most disgusting. Flavor is even more pathetic. Of all flavors to focus on, why choose the artificial sweetener? Ha ha ha, what a lame beer. Bite me Bavik, you’re better than this, aren’t you?

0.7
detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 14, 2007
While browsing the aisles of the beer store, a fellow beerlover and I simultaneaously spy the lone remaining can of Wittekerke Rosé. We decided to arm wrestle for it. I lost... It pours a cloudy and fizzy pink amber. How pretty. A quarter inch of fizzy pink-white foam dies back to a delicate little ring, leaving some decent fizzy pink lacing whenever I extend my pinky finger and take a dainty little sip. The can advertises the use of artificial sweetener and artificial flavor. Both are very evident in the aroma. The taste isn’t much different - something like a no-sugar version of a raspberry Jolly Rancher candy. It has fake sweetener and lingering carbonation in the aftertaste - just like a diet Faygo. Will I drink this beer again? Not tonight, dear - I have a headache. Those fizzy pink bubbles went straight to my head. Okay, I know that I’m not the target audience for this beer - I ain’t no girlyman, Arnold! And now that the beer is gone, I can switch off Oprah, ditch the Helen Reddy cds, take off this apron, fire up a stogie, and watch some football! Well, as soon as I get the ironing done, that is.

rsmeds (228) - Turku, FINLAND - JAN 10, 2007
Bottle. oh6gdx bought one of these just to show me how bad it was. Needless to say, I was intrigued. It didn’t sound too bad -- a witte (one of my favorite styles) combined with raspberry. How bad could it be? My first impression was fairly neutral, albeit a bit sceptical -- the beer has a strange candy-like, hazy rosy gold color, topped off by a small white head. At least it looks... different. A few strong whiffs revealed a sweet but fairly refreshing, slightly sourish raspberry aroma. Not too bad, if you’re into fruit beers. The flavor, however, turned out to be way too lemonadeish even for my taste. Sweet, watery raspberry lemonade. The body is, obviously, very light, with a lively but smooth carbonation. Fresh, clean mouthfeel. So, not quite as bad as my friend made it sound, but certainly more lemonade than beer. Something for our non-beer-drinking buddies, perhaps? The latter half of the pint remained undrunk for about an hour, if that tells you something.

mabjork (693) - Vasa, FINLAND - JAN 1, 2007
Bottled. Hazy pink in colour, minor white head. Aroma consits of sweet wild strawberries. With a fresh and fruijy feel to it. The flavour is wild strawberries, a fruity sweetness although quite watery.

tomthompson89 (1983) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 29, 2006
was very sober when i had this beer and i didn’t like it, too sweet. there i put one reason why i didn’t like it i hope Harry is happy.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 26, 2006
In the bottle at the HyVee Oktoberfest beer tasting in Council Bluffs. Pours the color of grapefruit juice. Thin fleeting pink head. Yummy aroma of raspberries and grapefruit. Strawberry and cherry flavors. Chalky finish.

sayravai (4711) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 23, 2006
(Bottled) Hazy pink-orange color with a medium, fading, white head and some lace. Candy-sweet, acidic aroma of raspberries (with stones). Sweet raspberry flavor is slightly better than the aroma, as it doesn’t have the acidity. Still it’s been raped badly by artificial sweetening (aspartame!). Light-bodied, lemonadey-carbonated, but quite smooth palate. I guess it’s drinkable, if you like lemonade - but if you’re after a real fruit beer, keep on looking...

fonefan (51064) - VestJylland, DENMARK - NOV 16, 2006
Bottle. Pink red hazy color with a nice reddish head. A wheat beer with raspberry. Aroma and tast is raspberry and wheat malt. Very light mouthfeel.

vyvvy (6714) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 11, 2006
What a foul beverage. In the description here it lists some fine things, but on the bottle if you read the ingredients it also lists artificial raspberry flavor and aspartame. Yes indeed this has Nutrasweet which is guaranteed to taste like crap and cause physical problems. If I would have seen this prior to buying I wouldn’t have gotten it on that principle alone. On with the review.... pours murky pink / orange with a pillowy pinkish head. The aroma has raspberry mixed with cough syrup. Medium / light body. Taste is fake - that nausiating Nutrasweet flavor is very obvious, there is some raspberry that is medicinal and sharp. The finish has a metallic taste. For charging such a premium price for this beverage why it would include fructose, artificial sweetener and artificial flavor is baffling. This beer sucks!

goozen (4143) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - NOV 4, 2006
bottle 0,33 ltr. A wheat beer with raspberry it gets a pink-red color like beer. Very sweet a competion beer for Bacardi-Breezer.