overall
RATINGS: 667   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider was the first style of cider produced under the Woodchuck label. It is made from a blend of apples and fermented with champagne yeast to produce a great tasting and refreshing product.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 2, 2003
I dont like this one quite as much as the dark and dry. Its a little too sweet, and makes my stomach hurt if its empty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2002
This was my first adventure into the world of cider and I was pleasantly surprised. Has a decent nose that reminded me of an apple orchard near harvest; great pouring beverage (Im not sure how much head youre supposed to expect out of a cider); flavor was very pleasant and tasted suprisingly enough like cider, wasnt nearly as tart as I expected (I think I was waiting on something like a lambic). Great brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dorwart (2581) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Smells, looks and tastes like apple flavored champagne. Not bad actually. I kind of like the flavor (apples of course) which is not to sweet. Some carbonation that does not form a head. Slightly dry finish and very smooth drinking. Great hot weather drink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 12, 2002
Havent tried many ciders. Almost no aroma, and looks like apple juice. Sweet and flavorful, with a wine-like aftertaste. Just rolls down your throat, although I couldnt see myself drinking more than a few at a time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ciderguy (98) - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 26, 2003 Love the stuff! Drink it as often as water or soda with evening meals. It is certainly a sweeter cider than most traditional english varieties and alot less bubbly than those french things. Best when from draught, but often hard to find that way. Of all the Woodchuck varieties, certainly this one stands atop the crowd.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AlabastorJones (814) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 2, 2002
only cider ive ever tried, tastes like carbonated apple juice

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Supaflyfresh99 (97) - E.Williston, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2002
About average for a cider.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - NOV 28, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2003 Rerate: I really can't believe I rated this a 4. I love cider and all but to say that this is close to the pinnacle is simply untrue. Very crisp and not too sweet...somewhat stale though. I've had much better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
flutetokill (523) - Fresno, California, USA - NOV 14, 2002
I realy like this! Ive had the granny smith, and this is much sweeter and less tart (as you would probably expext). Nice amber color, sweet apple aroma, very sweet apple taste, and crisp finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - NOV 14, 2002
Very sweet...much sweeter than their Granny Smith Cider...not nearly as tart. Wonderful sweetness, almost sugary. Very crisp, refreshing feel. Pretty light amber color.