overall
RATINGS: 643   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Woodchuck Amber Draft Cider was the first style of cider produced under the Woodchuck label. It is made from a blend of apples and fermented with champagne yeast to produce a great tasting and refreshing product.

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 13, 2003
Just one of those drinks that makes the back of my jaw pucker. Not for me at all.

TheTsunami (162) - Arizona, USA - FEB 2, 2003
Light brown pour. no head. Good apple aroma. Severly lacking after that. Little carbonation even for a cider. Not as much flavor as aroma. Just not worth the time.

xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2003
pretty standard cider. a little extra foamy, but it fades fast. apple-y flavor, without much complexity.

harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2003 This is one of my favorite ciders. It's a great one just to sit out on the patio of your favorite establishment and drink the night away.

doubleb99 (8) - Clinton Township, Michigan, USA - JAN 9, 2003 does not count
Quite impressed having it the first time. Good stuff. Not that this rating is too scientific!

UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 2, 2003
I don't like this one quite as much as the dark and dry. It's a little too sweet, and makes my stomach hurt if it's empty.

jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - DEC 30, 2002
This was my first adventure into the world of cider and I was pleasantly surprised. Has a decent nose that reminded me of an apple orchard near harvest; great pouring beverage (I'm not sure how much head you're supposed to expect out of a cider); flavor was very pleasant and tasted suprisingly enough like cider, wasn't nearly as tart as I expected (I think I was waiting on something like a lambic). Great brew.

Dorwart (2607) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - DEC 22, 2002
Smells, looks and tastes like apple flavored champagne. Not bad actually. I kind of like the flavor (apples of course) which is not to sweet. Some carbonation that does not form a head. Slightly dry finish and very smooth drinking. Great hot weather drink.

grant (842) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 12, 2002
Haven't tried many ciders. Almost no aroma, and looks like apple juice. Sweet and flavorful, with a wine-like aftertaste. Just rolls down your throat, although I couldn't see myself drinking more than a few at a time.

ciderguy (98) - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 26, 2003 Love the stuff! Drink it as often as water or soda with evening meals. It is certainly a sweeter cider than most traditional english varieties and alot less bubbly than those french things. Best when from draught, but often hard to find that way. Of all the Woodchuck varieties, certainly this one stands atop the crowd.