Wrecking Bar Four Roses Russian Imperial Stout

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 4.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 396   ABV: 13.2%
We have four different Russian Imperial Stouts.  (1) Our base batch #3 at 12.5%.  (2) Batch #3 aged in Zafra 21 year old rum barrel.  (3) Batch #3 aged in Four Roses bourbon barrel.  (4) Batch #3 aged in Collier & McKeel TN Whiskey barrel.  All of the barrel aged versions went from 12.5% to 13.2% and I think the body is absolutely perfect on these.  Enough of the sweetness fermented, evaporated, or wherever it went and the residual sweetness doesn’t get in the way of the barrel qualities.

Most RecentTicked By

EricTeusink (700) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - APR 10, 2013
Glad to be the first person to rate this delicious beer. That it pours a thick black is both unsurprising and soothing. Flavors of rum and molasses pervade. The alcohol is well hidden. Until I saw the profile on RateBeer I assumed this was around 9.5%. Great beer. Best I have at Wrecking Bar thus far. Draft - Wrecking Bar - Atlanta, GA