overall
RATINGS: 25   MEAN: 3.61/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Vern is our take on the classic Pacific Northwest IPA. Lots of hop and a lighter body make this city boy shine.

19Ei8hty's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
19Ei8hty (1166) - Washington, USA - AUG 12, 2014
As of late I can not find the time to take tasting notes of each beer I sample. I would like to track and record my thoughts of each so I will just use the simple scoring rubric until more time is available.

beerdrinksbeer (1) - - JUL 3, 2017 does not count
Very bad! I’ve had just about every craft beer sold to markets in the Pacific Northwest and was stunned this one was actually sold. I got some for a BBQ I was having prior to trying myself because of the cool looking design of the cans. I got nothing but negative comments and questions from it. "How long has this been in your fridge?", "what’s with this bad beer?", "This labeling on the can feels funny, is this your home made Fail batch?", "I won’t be finishing this one." Then I tried it for myself. Ouch. No positives at this attempt at beer, just kinda cool artwork on the can which was shrinkwrapped on.

stevoj (5746) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 19, 2015
On tap at Yakima taproom, part of a flight. More typical of a NW IPA, big hops bite, medium weight body, fairly chewy. Better than the flagship IPA.

Ferris (16728) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 14, 2015
Can - Sweet biscuity malts and a decent amount of light hops. Clear gold with a decent white head. Lots of malty sweetness and nice hop bite. Hops don’t really shine, although the balance is nice in the sweet and bitter. My can was a bit flat and under filled, may have been why hops are bit lost. Still decent though.

Fatehunter (2624) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - MAR 21, 2015
Pours a finger and half of head on a clear medium straw body.
The aroma is mild grapefruit and apricot.
The taste is solid bitterness with a touch of honey.
The texture is crisp and light.
Average smelling but a fine flavor.

luttonm (6857) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 2, 2015
Can in Seattle. Pale gold, cream head. Sweet resin hop. Medium strong body, sweet and full. Creamy strong ipa. Resin and strong sweet malt.

maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - JAN 2, 2015
Can. Pours a mostly clear dark golden color with a moderate off-white head on there. Nose is pretty light and hoppy with some grass to it. Taste is a bit crisp and fresher than the nose would imply, with a hint of sweetness up front and a moderately bitter finish. Decent drink.

fiulijn (21470) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 27, 2014
Bottle from Haggen’s Grocery, Burlington
Golden color, clean, with medium sized head. Mild Ale, smooth and dry, with delicate citrus aroma and piney resins,, correctly bitter.
Clean and enjoyable, but not exciting.

Wombata (627) - Kobe, JAPAN - AUG 13, 2014
Tap at the brewery.
Aroma: orange marmalade, melon, mango, pear and lemon custard.
Palate: medium-full bodied.
Flavor: pear, pine, dry pineapple, lemon, caramel, almost searingly, bitter grip.
Comment: smells and initially tastes like a Sauternes desert wine.

chuckstout (336) - Washington, USA - APR 17, 2014
Dank, floral, grassy aromas. Pours golden with a pillow top with dense white foam and good lacing. Light body, smooth at the start breaking into star fruit, pine, floral flavors and a nice dry bitterness.