overall
Brewed by Yeastie Boys
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Wellington, New Zealand

RATINGS: 146   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This India Pale Ale (IPA) is an aggressive wee beast that is dedicated to our friend Joseph Wood of Liberty Brewing and to all those hopheads who love drinking IPA day in, day out. Just as the term digital is all about zeroes and ones, the concept of IPA is all about malts and hops. Enjoy the rich golden malt backbone of Digital while you can... then feel it closing in as the fruity Motueka-grown hops dominate your palate and don’t ever fade away. IPA as it should be. Style India Pale Ale Stats ABV 5.7% Bitterness = 57 IBU Colour = 5.7 SRM Malt Lager Malt, Vienna Malt, Gladiator Malt Hops Pacific Jade, Nelson Sauvin, Southern Cross, Motueka. Yeast Fermentis US-05

hawse87 (4) - - JAN 13, 2018 does not count
Cor blimey, I wasn't expecting that. Opened a can, frothed up. Great. Now I have to clean my shoes. However, once it hit my lips I was back on form. Smashed into my taste buds like waves into a cliff, couldn't drink it quickly enough. It's certainly sessionable because I've just sunk 4 cans in a matter of minutes and made a beeline for my laptop in order to review it. It may be the IPA talking, but this stuff is great.

jlatta7 (14) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 19, 2016
Love the beastie boys beer. Paired this with dumplings and was fantastic. Lovely hop profile ad good bitterness

TimE (6263) - Tokyo, JAPAN - AUG 31, 2015
Golden color. Nice thick frothy head. Very heady grassy nose with some tropical fruit notes. The mouth is superbly hoppy, clean, leafy with lots of pears, tropical fruit. Off dry big bad lingering, spicy hoppy finish. Even better that it is 5.7%. Massively in your face bitterness but not without balance. Extremely well executed. A work of art and I dare say my top 10 IPAs of all time. Amazing

HetCiderhuis (1) - Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - MAY 29, 2016 does not count
Pours cloudy amber with low white head. Tropical aroma of lime, lemon, peach. Taste is sweet and fruity, mango and peach. Body is light and smooth with soft carbonation. Very fresh, hoppy and very drinkable.

sephyrott (271) - - JUL 7, 2017
330ml from bottle bought at M&S. Strong IPA, plenty of hops coming through, with hints of tropical fruits, although not very intense in aroma.