overall
Brewed by Charles Wells (Marston’s)
Style: Stout
Bedford, England

RATINGS: 3797   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Available filtered and pasteurised in 500ml bottles and in nitrocans. Also Nitro Keg on Tap
Production moved from Youngs to Wells & Youngs in 2007. Brand acquired solely by Charles Wells in 2011.
Ingredients: Pale ale and crystal malt, chocolate malt, special blend of sugars, Fuggle and Goldings hops, real dark chocolate and chocolate essence.
Chocolate malt and real dark chocolate are combined with Young’s award winning rich, full flavoured dark beer to craft a satisfyingly indulgent, but never overly sweet experience.

rubbishystuff (2538) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 25, 2010
UPDATED: APR 7, 2017 Lovely stuff. Despite being so rich and chocolaty it is still easy to drink. Serving: Bottle and Can

stauf7 (1) - - JUN 25, 2012 does not count
love this beer! Chocolatey, stout goodness. If you like coffee beers I would recommend trying the double chocolate

RWKelly (1) - Copperas Cove, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2012 does not count
Smooth and creamy, pours pitch black with a light beige head. Pervasive aromas of chocolate and coffee, slight hint of smoke. Wonderful mouthfeel with mild carbonation. Taste mimicks aroma, with a very mild bitterness at the close. All in all, a fanastic sout, my favorite.

StoutyMcIPA (1) - - DEC 25, 2012 does not count
Definitely my favorite Stout that is so smooth and in my opinion sets the bar for all other stouts.

waltolla (13) - radcliffe, Greater Manchester, ENGLAND - JAN 14, 2013
Simply the best stout I have tasted to date, more chocolate than any other chocolate stout I have tried. Delicious! --- TIP! To help retain head use a glass with a narrow opening.

beersmash111 (3) - Newbedford, USA - MAR 22, 2013 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2013 The head has a wonderful chocolate roasty smell,And the head stays in the glass.The head has chocolate flavor,And the body has that dark chocolate flavor as well.I can taste a little sweetness.It must be from the oats.This is the best stout I ever tasted.I just add a little hershey’s unsweetened cocoa,To thicken up the body a little.It’s so good.

PhilHarmstead (25) - Vermont, USA - APR 25, 2013
Rarely have I had love at first sight so strongly as when I first discovered Young’s Double Chocolate Stout in a quiet moment before a friend’s wedding in Portland, ME. Like drinking the ideal chocolate cake. Bottled perfection.

Rossbear (18) - Wendover, ENGLAND - SEP 8, 2013
Fascinating stout this one, sweet and chocolatey, real luxury just as the label says. buy it, try it, LOVE it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Wicked1983 (6) - - JAN 19, 2014 does not count
Simply amazing! Rich smooth taste with a beautiful hint of coffee and dark chocolate. Too bad its so hard to find in my area. One of my favorites.

bersek (108) - Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - APR 30, 2015
Na tomto pivu jsem si vá?n? pochutnal. Plna chut a v?n?, Krásná barva a skv?lý nápad.