overall
Brewed by Charles Wells (Marston’s)
Style: Stout
Bedford, England

RATINGS: 1020   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Available filtered and pasteurised in 500ml bottles at the Brewery Tap and in the USA. Also available filtered and pasteurised in nitro-kegs at The Brewery Tap.
Brand acquired solely by Charles Wells in 2011.
A beautifully hand crafted beer with an exceptionally smooth palette and a fruity aroma. A dark, ruby-coloured stout, almost black from a distance, with a beautiful creamy head. Fuggles and Goldings hops. 20% Slovenian Goldings added 10 minutes befofe end of boil.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2000
A great Oatmeal Stout with the nitro widget. Slightly more reserved than the bottled version, but very creamy and smooth. Maintains a moderate amount of dark roasted malt flavor throughout. Semi-dry finish.

Aubrey (3516) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 8, 2000
Somewhat disappointing - maybe I got a bad can? I enjoyed the slight burnt, malty flavor, but overall I thought it was kind of bland. I also sensed a somewhat stringent aftertaste. I'll need to try another one sometime to confirm this though. Maybe I'll look for it on draught (if that's possible to find).