overall
RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
In honor of our 180th Anniversary, America’s Oldest Brewery proudly offers this celebratory Yuengling Bock Beer. This seasonal release resurrects an old brewery tradition of producing a Bock in the late winter and early spring. Dark brown in color, this unique brew offers an exceptional flavor to be enjoyed by all. We invite you to taste 180 years of family brewing tradition in this limited release as we celebrate our milestone.

smitty7997 (3) - Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 21, 2014 does not count
First beer rating for me. I’m partial to bock, not a Yuengling fan but saw this and gave it a try. This is light compared to other bocks I’ve tried and finishes with that Yuengling after taste but its not as strong as the lager after bite. I would drink again but would rather have a Shiner.

thornecb (6018) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 18, 2014
Pours mahogany into a shaker. Off-white head crackles and recedes to skim surface. Toffee and molasses aromas. Dry with sweet caramel and toffee upfront turning to mild bitter earth in the medium length finish.

AndyW68 (1589) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - MAR 13, 2014
Clear brown pour with light tan head. Aroma is lightly toasted malt with a little sweet caramel. Taste follows the nose. Not bad, but not really a favorite.

60minuteman (1765) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2014
Dark cloudy pour. Thick off-white head. Taste of sweet and toasted malts, caramel, sugar. Too thin for my liking. Good effort from Yuengling

Tac (157) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - FEB 26, 2014
Pours deep brown color, small off-white head, nice lacing. Aromas of toasted malt, caramel. Taste is somewhat sweet and bitter, hops are almost non-existent.

dagimp (1008) - Philly, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 23, 2014
From a 12 oz purchased at Whole Foods. Pours a light brownish purplish clear. Just darker than regular Lager. Not much aroma but a little sweetness. Mouthfeel is light and smooth. Very drinkable. Taste is mildly sweet and fruity. I rather liked this as a cheap easy drinking session beer. Better than Shiner Bock as it has more flavor. Beach anyone? ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bstaff88 (12) - Cumberland, Maryland, USA - FEB 15, 2014
pour from a 12oz bottle. Dark copper color, off white head that a little more than 1 finger. leaves some lacing. Smell of toasty malt with caramel and some bread. Taste of sweet malt, caramel, with something almost biscuit. Very easy drinking Bock that’s not as BIG as most bocks. Good beer over all!

Onslow (1521) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - FEB 1, 2014
Pour from a 12 oz bottle. Clear dark brew, rather like a cola in color, with off white head. Aroma of caramel malts, toasted malt, astringent hops. Taste follows aroma - a little sweet malt at the start, bready, rather simple but distinct astringent bitterness in the finish. Sometimes I think nostalgic about the bocks of days gone by - Pabst Bock, Miller Bock, Stroh’s Bock... this brew is probably about as close to those as you can get these days and while it is OK, it is not a the brightest star in the brewers firmament.

dmschefke (575) - Macomb, Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2014
Just a solid brew from a company I wish was available in Michigan. I have a soft place in my heart for bocks, so this fits right in.

eRock_2013 (494) - South Carolina, USA - NOV 5, 2013
Without a doubt, my absolute favorite beer from the Yuengling line. I had never heard of this before today, saw it at a liquor store and as I'm a Bock fan I figured it was worth a try. Glad i did! Pours a beautiful dark brown and ruby color with good lacing and head. A faint but clean aroma. Nice malty and sweet taste with a clean and noticeably bitter finish, definitely fits the Bock profile even if it's not craft quality. Simple, but satisfying - a "macro-Bock" that punches above its weight. I'm disappointed to read on the packaging that this beer is a limited release, hopefully that means its a seasonal beer, not just a one-time anniversary release from Yuengling. ---Rated via Beer Buddy