overall
RATINGS: 437   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mec3437 (54) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Overall, I thought this was a good light beer. It was inoffensive and somewhat pleasant to drink while vacationing in Ocean City. Smooth going down. All around decent light beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2004
For the widely available light beers around me, i consider there two groups of light beers. The first is the cheap ones (miller, bud, and coors) and the good light beers (amstel, sam adams, and yuengling). Micholob light is kinda somewhat in between. Yuengling is a good light beer, but I rank it third in that catagory of good light beers. But, it is also the cheaper of the three, so still a good choice if you want a light beer with some taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DocLock (10091) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 5, 2004
This one is way under-rated here. This beer has a solid amber color, with complex taste overtones. Finishes malty, slightly hoppy, and fizzy. Arguably the best light beer on the market, along with Sam Adams light lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2004
Nothing like Yuenglings other beers. I see this as their attempt to enter the light beer market and it was irrationally done. Got a sample from a Yuengling rep at my local distributer, waited until i was home to open it of course but i was surely disapointed. The color was too clear to be a "lager". Dont think about it unless you need to drink light beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 9, 2004
Bottle, can, draught. This beer is no good. I expected a decent light lager from a normally solid brewery, but this pours a nice color and thats about it. Watery and tastes like sour vinegar every time. I have never had one that I liked and I have tried it a few times trying to get a good one. I'm not a light beer drinker per se, but I can enjoy a decent crisp one when I get one. This is not one... it sucks.

1.4
   AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
hopscotch (10708) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 30, 2004
Clear, golden lager with a small, fizzy, white head. The aroma is nondescript... very light toffee notes. There is no flavor. Ultra-light bodied. Fizzy, dry palate. Short, watery finish. Not offensive as it would need some sort of flavor to offend me. This one doesn't. Ignore this beer and maybe it will just go away.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 18, 2004
Surprised to find out that this is a domestic beer. It's definitely better than the standard macrobrews found in the U.S. It has a light, clear appearance. Slightly more flavorful than most light beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2004 Typical light beer but hidden behind the Yuengling label. Better than miller, coors, or Bud, this light beer has a decent aroma and appearance.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
tidiaguy (168) - Hawley, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Typical light beer, but I'm partial to Yuengling so it's already better than most macro lights to me. Very much like the original just light. Refreshing and clean tasteing. I don't drink light beer so I doubt I'll have it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Braudog (6454) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2004
This is a disappointment. It's crystal clear with a sweet corn-malty character. Yuengling continues to go down hill.