overall
RATINGS: 477   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A zesty hop aroma and a distinctive robust flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
80skid (65) - New York, USA - FEB 22, 2003
An average, typical ale. Nothing special about the taste really except maybe a little drier than a typical ale. Not bad either however. Aftertaste was a little bitter.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 28, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 15, 2006 Ummmmm. I like it. Its drinkable. Its a blond ale. I taste some hopps. Light and crisp. Not bad. Not great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
raymow (1476) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 27, 2003
Pretty good - but I'm a Yuengling fan. Good color and flavor for this type of beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
kujo9 (1095) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - JAN 21, 2003
Well, I seem to be the exception to the norm for this beer. I don't get Yuengling often and I don't think this is as bad of an offering as most people think. If I were to classify this to a style, I'd call it an American Blonde Ale, but since I probably shouldn't, here goes: It's got a fantastic bright golden color although the head needs a little work. I got this in an enclosed case so the sunlight or florescent lights had not hit it considering it's in a green bottle. I'm thinking this beer is very fresh, it's got a fantastic floral hop, banana ester aroma; The flavor is almost the same but it also has some citrusy/hop flavors. It is very well balanced and finishes light and dry. I'll admit the body is a little thin, and carbonation a little prickly, but overall, I like this beer. It's a good summer sitting out on the porch beer with more gusto than your average macro.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 12, 2003
Pretty sad, I loer ales and this is pretty poor. Little carbonation, little flavor and even looks bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - JAN 8, 2003
the lord is a bit watery and usually skunked to hell and back, tastes like tears, and has no body,no carbonation and very little life-can i die now?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
argo0 (13424) - Washington DC, USA - JAN 1, 2003
Yellow body with quickly dissipating head. Aroma is grassy hoppy, slightly sweet. Flavor is minimal for the most part, then some grassy hoppy bitterness shows up in the swallow and carries through to the aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ProstmanSux (102) - Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2002
A clean and crisp similar two India pale ale, also it has alot of hops, i would def buy it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
nevditz (16) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 19, 2002
a very solid ale for the money. a bit bitter and in my opinion a bit better than yeunglings lager. note: when bought a 6 pack a bit more bitter/skunked, but a case of it from pottsville itself was very tasty

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Sturgess (173) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 1, 2002
Light and bubbly...what you are eating is very influential on this beer. Not Yuenglings best, and slightly overpriced.