overall
RATINGS: 471   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A zesty hop aroma and a distinctive robust flavor.

RAUCHFEST (122) - PROSPECT PARK, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2002
some text adittion this is a nicely hopped and malty lager. i say lager because yuengling only uses one strain of yeast which is the latrobe lager strain. this is a beer which i only buy when i know a store or distributor sells alot of this otherwise it is a good summer brew and my favorite of the yuengling line also this beer is excellent on draft.

SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2002
about like tasting bitter water with a rusty nail in it

jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2002
i love yuengling, but this was a little lacking

k2 (146) - USA - JUL 11, 2002
Pretty light for an english ale. Lager is a much better choice

SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - JUL 2, 2002
Very light in body and flavor. Not a very good beer. There is a terrible metalic finish on the beer. Not at all recommended. It is also noticably skunked, but that is from the green bottle I would imagine.

HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 2, 2002
Cooked beer again! Light and not too much flavor. Corn on the nose or is that rice?

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 19, 2002
The most bitter of yuengling’s beers. I think one of their best.

Oakes (17676) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 28, 2002
From America’s oldest brewery - another ’old school’ beer like the Natty Boh I had a couple months back, or the Ten Penny from my university days. Or even the Molson Old Stock from that old codger’s bar a few months back. Anyway, most of these are the same - golden, fairly bland but with a shade more hop than the ’best sellers’. Could be worse, but we have micros now and nostalgia only goes so far.

austinpowers (2828) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 24, 2002
A sub-par ale from America’s oldest brewer. Fizzy, unremarkable, and bitter.

WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Yuengling is 50-50 in my book so I wasn’t to disappointed when I took my first sip. No deal. I must of had a bad batch. Since I am a decent man and a forgiver I will give this beer another shot, but im not looking forward to it.