overall
RATINGS: 984   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
A dark brew, smooth and mellow, with a slight caramel flavor.

Andrew196 (2040) - Katy, Texas, USA - OCT 26, 2003
Eerily similar to Yuengling Porter, some coffee and cocoa, again though, kinda thin for my liking. This tastes like a brewpub porter.

LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 26, 2003
I hate to be harsh, but this beer just doesn't offer much. Slight roasted malt flavor, slightly sweet.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - OCT 20, 2003
A chugger, pure and simple, but some spicy bite appears when paired with food. Plain, mild, but not at all bad. A great training wheels beer.

kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - OCT 19, 2003
I know some would think that this takes two decent brews and ruins them via a premix. Well I do not agree. This is a nice drinkable beer. Has the best of the porter with its color and roasty maltiness along with a nice bitterness. Smooth. I dont think Westy has anything to worry about here but it is a good effort.

Kinz (3786) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - OCT 4, 2003
Draft. Good head, very dark with some roasty notes. Nice, malty, roasty notes. Had more body than I had remembered, quite decent premix overall.

psark (54) - Binghamton, New York, USA - SEP 25, 2003
Sharp and refreshing on the tongue. Light roastiness with mild hop nose. Very drinkable.

brownaler (742) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - SEP 7, 2003
Forms a medium-size head and is a smooth, yet thin beer with the roasty taste I love about Porters/Black and Tans. Awesome brew considering my parents paid $4 for a sixer.

scoobyluv (511) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 7, 2003
i really enjoyed this beer. so far, it's my favorite of this brand. very smooth with a slight hoppiness. i'll definitely be revisting this balck and tan.

r464 (2377) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 3, 2003
For a pre-mixed black and tan, this is very smooth and easy to drink. Better than their straight lagers.

Nuffield (4247) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 3, 2003
I hadn't visited a Black and Tan beer in some time--I'd had only the Saranac since I became a beer geek--and this was interesting. There is a notable maltiness here, of course, and a good blossoming of chocolate flavor. Like a schwarzbier, there is a thinness of body and a bit of fizz, with a decent head. Clear, dark, with a reddish hue. It is enjoyable for its approaches to porter flavors, but there is a constant reminder of its "tan" component that undermines it with unenticing dimensions. Oh well, another free bottle given to me at a Pennsylvania convention!