overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 159   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Hallertau hops and Bavarian-style top-fermenting yeast deliver a thick, creamy head with overtones of banana and clove esters. This authentic German weizen style beer, with a slight hazy appearance, concludes with a crisp finish.

Dogbrick (14294) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 6, 2015
On draught at Winking Lizard. Pours a hazy orange-gold color with a thin white head that evaporates quickly to an outer ring. Spotty lacing. aroma of wheat, banana and malt. Light-bodied with flavors of herbal wheat, banana and mild hops. The finish is wheaty with a slight malt aftertaste. Just average overall.

tbunting75 (43) - - JUL 5, 2015
A nice, refreshing brew to drink while grilling. Surprisingly bitter for the style. Nothing I’d buy for myself but perfectly acceptable.

iggynelix (168) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2015
Looks, tastes and feels like a summer wheat should. A very sessionable brew for the dog days of summer.

lobosaintori (89) - - JUN 20, 2015
I am a fan of Yuengling but this isn’t necessarily my favorite. I find it a bit bitter.a little flat.

labattslover74 (86) - Florida, USA - JUN 20, 2015
Pours a hazy golden orange with slight tan head. Aroma of fruit and bread. taste fo fruit, caramel and hint of smokey flavoring. Not bad.

Jabah (559) - Bethesda, Maryland, USA - JUN 4, 2015
I was going to sample a 6-pack of this last summer, and have been a little curious. A buddy gave me a single to sample, which was plenty enough to get the idea. Wheats are hit or miss for me, and this one falls a little short. Drinkable and I guess refreshing if super cold, but there are better economy summer ales out there.

hfmejias (1297) - Marshall, Minnesota, USA - MAY 31, 2015
12 Fl. Oz. Bottle. Pours hazy, orange, with a small white head (no real lacing). Aroma of clove and fruit. Taste of spices, fruit and yeast combined with some wheat. Crisp, refreshing, not bad.

BadAprilia1000 (435) - Sevierville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 24, 2015
Pours a hazy color more orange than yellow with a good head. Aroma is banana, clove, wheat, orange, spice. Taste is similar, sweet banana, wheat, weak citrusy orange, very weak clove compared to the nose. Very crisp and refreshing, nothing huge in any one flavor component. Good balanced beer, could session it in the summer.

drowland (9184) - Georgia, USA - MAY 23, 2015
5/23/15. 12oz bottle from Five Points. Hazy golden pour with a small off-white head. Whoa on the aroma, I didn’t realize this was a hefeweizen when I bought it... I see that now. Anyway, cream, banana, light spice, mostly banana, some butter. More butter in the flavor... I didn’t notice it so much at first but as I’ve gone through the bottle, it’s there. Lots of banana, some cream, light spice. Rough around the edges, diacetyl. Meh.

zach8270 (4021) - Henrietta, New York, USA - MAY 15, 2015
(bottle - 12 oz) Hazy gold pour with a puffy white head. Big banana aroma with some very light wheat underneath it. Flavor matches. Lots of banana and wheat notes with a hint of clove at the back end. A bit watery and not much else.