overall
RATINGS: 2352   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

Beer Snob (501) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 1, 2005
A decent lager - easy drinking, clean finish, no chemica bite. Just enough flavour to make it worth the calories.

gerbache (8) - Oakland, California, USA - JAN 30, 2005 does not count
Seemed really bland and tasteless. It’s drinkable, but not particularly memorable. I suppose it’s good for quenching the thirst, but I don’t think I’d buy this myself.

flynnguy (14) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2005
Bland and overcarbonated. Going to school at Drexel University, this was a "quality" beer at the parties. I would certainly choose it over most of the stuff that they usually served but I don’t think I’d actually buy this beer. I think it’s a little too orange for a pale lager and it can’t be because of the flavor. It’s drinkable but that’s about all I can say for it.

macguy (146) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 24, 2005
Another watery lagar. Why do people drink lager? What’s the point? It’s better than the AB offerings, but it’s not the house beer at my house.

MJPilsener (7) - Shamong, New Jersey, USA - JAN 24, 2005 does not count
I live in PA and I get fresh lager everywhere. The taste is undiscribable it is so good, but the gas pass the next day does not make my girlfriend happy

Arayaga2 (2197) - portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 18, 2005
At its best, it’s lightly sweet, golden brown, and moderately carbonated from the tap. From the bottle, I have found it to have an aroma that exceeds its flavor. That should, however, not be interpreted to mean that its aroma is either good, or especially present. It is the local swill here in Philadelphia, where people simply ask for "lager," and receive this no matter how many other lagers are on tap at the time.

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - JAN 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2008 This beer is the Lienenkugle’s of the East. Decently lager, nothing special. Heavily carbonated, lot’s of bland nothingness, this would be a good beer to keep around in the off chance that someone would come visit me.

chriso (7533) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 15, 2005
Bottled. As the beer choice was between this and Sam Adams Light at a reception I was invited to on my trip to the US, I thought I had better give the Yuengling a go. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised. It’s clean, with a touch of malt and a slightly sweet edge. A bit bland, but it is a pale lager. In fact, it’s quite reasonable for a pale lager.

maupie (1098) - Roosendaal, NETHERLANDS - JAN 14, 2005
This beer has a amber body - hue apperance and a coarse white scum collar. I have drunk the beer from the bottle and it had no carbonic acid. The initial flavor taste is sweet.

Diode (7) - USA - JAN 12, 2005 does not count
I remember when Yuengling was a beer snobbish as I could get as a teenager. It’s better than all the big macrobrews that’s for sure. As I’ve gotten older (and legally able to purchase whatever I want), my taste for the pale ales has certainly diminished rapidly. However, if I had to choose one, good ol’ Yuengling would be it.