overall
RATINGS: 2358   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - DEC 10, 2004
this was better than i expected, but i dont think i expected much. i had it on tap in a bar in astoria. rocked but not rocking OUT, get it?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 25, 2004
This beer is not very impressive. However it does have some taste, so it is barely passable. It is certainly not a great experience. I brought some to a party to be nice. No one had it. Therefore this shit was left for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hopdog (12083) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Poured a clear medium amber color with an averaged sized off white head. Aromas and tastes of caramel and malts. Lightly sweet a well. Thinner body. Nothing to go out of your way for.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - NOV 6, 2004
My experience with this beer has been a love / hate relationship. When I first had it, I liked it. Then there was a period when I absolutely despised it. Towards my final years in college, it became the standard pitcher to get at bars, and my fondness for it has returned. Much tastier then any of the other pale lagers out there. The aftertaste and body are just different from all the other commercial brews. Decent stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 15/20
omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 1, 2004
I have to admit that Im biased on this one, as its the "Beer of my College Days." So dont take these numbers too seriously, because theyre all tainted with love. Except the palate number. Cause honestly, its not THAT great a beer. :)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (7489) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2014 I can not believe that it has taken me this long to get around to rating this beer. My father and I found this beer a little over a decade ago. It has been his beer of choice since then. For me it remains the best beer that I can generally find in most restaurants that do not have good selection. Better than your typical macro swill, but still lacking in character to the decent micros out there. The bottle I rated today was green - a minor sin to be sure. The beer poured a medium amber color with a large white head. The aroma is sweet and lightly malty. The flavor is sweet, lightly malty and has a hint of nut. The finish is a bit sour and tangy which is a minor detraction for the beer. Overall it is drinkable and at least in PA it is widely available. If a restaurant has nothing as good or better than Yuengling traditional lager I just avoid getting beer there. Sadly for all the positives the enduring image of Yuengling for me is when my German roomate found this in our fridge and could not stop laughing for days. Evidently Yuengling is German for "male virgin". Sigh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JoeMcPhee (9426) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 29, 2004
Deep golden colour, with a thick white head. Malty aroma, caramel, some noble hop aroma as well. Flavour is well balanced, caramel sweetness nicely balanced by floral hoppiness. A nice surprise.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
changxao (104) - South Carolina, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Nice amber color with a decent white head. Good flavor and palate especialy for the style. Nice mildly bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
JessterCPA (130) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - OCT 1, 2004
I have this beer on tap at home now, and I enjoy every single glass. Just an overall nicely crafted beer, good for mixed food or just a beer alone.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - SEP 30, 2004
I picked this up on a trip to the east coast as a curiosity mostly, and was pleasantly surprised. As far as American mass produced lagers go, I cant think of a better one. However, that does make it the cream floating on top of a pretty rancid pint of milk.