overall
RATINGS: 2079   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

richlikebeer (838) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 19, 2004
Not a very good aroma...a little skunky when you open the bottle, that gives way to a very yeasty smell, but don’t let that turn you off. Looks nice, an even amber color with a nice white head that gives way pretty quickly. Taste is a pretty full body, kind of on the gritty/chewy side. A little bitter on the tail, especially if you let it get a little warm. Coming from Pennsylvania, I have always been able to get this beer, even before it became a mass produced item, and it has always been one of my favorite beers to sit and drink en masse. If you compare it to other mass produced brew like bud or miller, it would be a 5, but compared to more complex brews, it is kind of mediocre. Still, this is what I order in bars and what I buy when I am gonna be pounding.

Megan (101) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 19, 2004
Light copper hue. Small head. Clear body. Moderatley sweet tasting and smooth palate. Short and sweet finish.

civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - DEC 17, 2004
Amber with small head. Sweet, but with noticeable and unmistable Yuengling yeast. Very drinkable.

xetnauq (13) - USA - DEC 12, 2004
While it’s better than most US macrobrews, it doesn’t have the character to compete with a good lager. I feel my friends overrate this beer just because it’s often one of the better mass-market alternatives at a typical bar, for a fairly reasonable price. But it’s still got a lot of mass-market cheap-beer corny flavor.

Sancho (245) - Da Bronx, New York, USA - DEC 11, 2004
bottle from local bodega, copper amber color skunky green bottle aroma, not much here just some thin soapy taste cron sweetness ehh...

ian2000gsxr (69) - USA - DEC 10, 2004
The first time I had this beer was at a Phish show in indianapolis. Someone brought this from PA and I wish I could shake their hand. This beer is one of my favorites and everytime I drink it I consider flying to PA to get some cases. Very good stuff IMO

LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - DEC 10, 2004
this was better than i expected, but i dont think i expected much. i had it on tap in a bar in astoria. rocked but not rocking OUT, get it?

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 25, 2004
This beer is not very impressive. However it does have some taste, so it is barely passable. It is certainly not a great experience. I brought some to a party to be nice. No one had it. Therefore this shit was left for me.

hopdog (12673) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 19, 2004
Poured a clear medium amber color with an averaged sized off white head. Aromas and tastes of caramel and malts. Lightly sweet a well. Thinner body. Nothing to go out of your way for.

Loddeer (171) - USA - NOV 6, 2004
My experience with this beer has been a love / hate relationship. When I first had it, I liked it. Then there was a period when I absolutely despised it. Towards my final years in college, it became the standard pitcher to get at bars, and my fondness for it has returned. Much tastier then any of the other pale lagers out there. The aftertaste and body are just different from all the other commercial brews. Decent stuff.