overall
RATINGS: 2369   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - MAR 11, 2004
Nice beer. Good lager. fresh. Amber in color. Little or no hop presence. It was mild tasting. Clean malty flavor. Ok.

drinkinfla (21) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAR 9, 2004
I hate lagers. I repeat - I hate lagers. That being said, I do like Yuengling for what it is. It's a decent, inexpensive, every-day kind of beer. Overall, it's not my style (I prefer ales), so it's a little crisp for my taste. However, so far it's my favorite of the lagers. Pours a moderate amber color, with some head; doesn't last long though. Aroma's not great, in fact it's pretty funky; mild corn and alcohol; unexpected from an amber beer. Taste is light (again unexpected from an amber) and a little hoppy. Lacing? Fuggetaboutit. It does get a bit sticky in the mouth once you've had a couple. Still a good one to keep in the fridge on a regular basis, although not something with which to treat yourself.

Mehmet22 (35) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2004
This inexpensive lager leaves a carmel-colored sugary residue in your glass. It offers a seemingly strong, almost bitter taste, which increases as it warms. This malty lager however, if served just above freezing, offers a smooth palate. Also, at colder temps, the large but loose head stays under control. It makes a seemingly good housewarming beer for casual social events.

punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - MAR 6, 2004
UPDATED: APR 13, 2004 Strong aroma hits you as soon as you pop the cap. The taste is not quite so strong, though. As you begin to sip, the taste seems light, yet kicks in for a moment, only to fade again, leaving a light aftertaste. The moment of taste that you experience is dark, smoky, with a bitter edge. Overall, the taste just doesn't last long enough for me. But as far as American beers go, this one's a keeper.***On a second go-round, I found this beer a bit watered down in comparison to its jolly cousin, the Original Black and Tan. In comparison, it lacks greatly. IN comparison to other lagers, there are close to no North American competitors. The closest would be Molson Canadian Lager.

bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 2, 2004
VERY GOOD BEER. GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO BEING BACK A CASE TO OKLAHOMA WHILE ON BUSINESS IN VIRGINIA. VERY SMOOTH, HAS A BIT OF A WHEAT TASTE TO IT.

MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - FEB 29, 2004
Not sure what the fuss is. Clean malty aroma of nothing special. Watery malty beer that is rather boring and of little character. For my money I'd have a Bass or a SA.

FridgRaider (108) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 26, 2004
This beer is a good drinking beer. Has a slight bitterness to the texture, but when it starts warming up its very noticeable. Drink a few of these beers and you feel kind of bloated and full. But for the money you can't go wrong.

yuenglover21 (4) - USA - FEB 26, 2004 does not count
very refreshing, smooth pouring and the appearance looks delicious the head is slight fizzy and a hint of caramel

g1golo (5) - Exeter, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2004 does not count
Not bad for a Lager. I actually enjoyed a few years ago but now it is quite tiresome. Maybe this is because I live near the factory, or because I have experienced better beers. It is not bad for a premium lager, but it does give off a banana-like taste and flavor

MackJigger (13) - Maryland, USA - FEB 20, 2004
I don't know what it is, but this stuff gives me a headache everytime, and the flavor isn't worth the bucks you shell out for it. Stay away, unless it's free of course, which it usually is since everyone loves it.