overall
RATINGS: 2084   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

pivo (2687) - GERMANY - NOV 24, 2002
Smells like sweet shredded cardboard. Nice amber color and low tight head. Odd taste with a spicy end, but not really a hop bitterness. Medium body, cream mouth feel. Balance is not convincing.

YogiBeera (2569) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 24, 2002
light malt nose. Nice amber color with a little head. Malty, but also like honey flavor. Kicks on the top of the tongue. Average, but what a honking squared bottle.

beermonger (11) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
I just want to love Yuengling. It's from Pennsylvania (as am I). It's from the United States' oldest brewery. It has an almost unspellable, Asian-esque name. I can't love it though. I don't hate it. I don't dislike it. Much better from the tap than in a bottle. Here in Pittsburgh you'll often see a sale on the stuff, say $17/case. Spend the extra three bucks on Sam Adams Boston Lager or Penn Pilsner/Gold. It's a ho-hum beer.

DESAilorWW299 (2) - Virginia, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
A nice smooth brew, pefect when icy cold. much better on tap than out of the bottle. Ordinary but satisfying

deftrager99 (7) - Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
Pretty good out of the tap. I've never drank it out of the bottle. .........

CrimsonGhost1971 (188) - USA - NOV 14, 2002
This isn't the greatest beer but when you're sitting with friends this is one that fits the moment. Good crisp taste. Mild aftertaste. ;)

slimjim (106) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 7, 2002
Not great. Better than watery light beer. Almost no body. No hop presence at all.

MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 2, 2002
Crisp. Pleasant mouthfeel.Sweet balanced maltiness..........................

Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - OCT 31, 2002
I had this in the basement pub at St. Mary's seminary in Baltimore. Its not a bad beer. The color seemed to actually come from the use of different malts, and it was rather tasty. Taste balanced out on the side of the malts for the most part.

Pikes2002 (4) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2002 does not count
Mmmm...Yuengling...Tall Dark & Smooth, just like my favorite men...oh, I mean beer. Now I don't know about the rest of these chumps on here, but when I'm bowling, I like to have a seat after a frame and have a plastic cup of nice cold Zingling. Foosball for All. Go Pikes.