overall
RATINGS: 2101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrooveDaddy (35) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew that’s increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didn’t want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine that’s of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think I’ll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and you’re all set for your Sunday night TV (Fox’s cartoons, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Showtime’s Dexter, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVR’ed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, it’s an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

lukroi (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 10, 2018 does not count
This is my favorite all time lager style beer. Nothing else has ever come close.

thebeerbandit (36) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 4, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2018 1/4/18 With Abby while watching Better Call Saul. Poured from bottle. Medium amber with ample 2 finger head. Nose is grainy malt with a slight metallic/hop funk. Taste is the same. Grainy, bready malt with that noticeable metallic hop presence. On the sweet side and quite tasty. Nicely balanced for as light as it is. Light feel with medium carbonation. Goes down super easy. Overall, an exemplary lager. Nothing spectacular flavor-wise but it’s got a great “berry” taste and I’ll definitely have many more!

jfb (6983) - GERMANY - DEC 18, 2017
(can) slightly opalescent deep amber colour with a frothy off-white head. aroma of watermelon and powdered sugar, with some notes of earth, raisins and chlorine. flavour is mostly pale malts, caramel and more powdered sugar, quite thin, with a hint of cardboard and a semi-dry finish. light- to medium-bodied with average carbonation.

thebighead (28) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 17, 2017
Great beer, and a beer i seek when in Florida. It is a clear amber color and there is not a lot of depth. I enjoy this beer.

JoeSaturday (32) - - DEC 15, 2017
For a mass produced beer, its not horrible at all. Kind of on the level of the Sam Adams line. It is a clear amber color and there is not a lot of depth to the taste but again, not bad for mass produced. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

hithigh (4) - Conestoga, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2017 does not count
Yuengling has become my go to beer as its taste far exceeds its price point imo. However, I do agree with some other commenters that is is far superior from a tap.

mcberko (19805) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 10, 2017
Can, pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma brings out corn and cereal malt. Flavour is cheap, with corn, straw and cereal. Not too offensive, but it’s not good.

dawgdick (5) - - DEC 10, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2017 This is the most overrated beer on the eastern seaboard. PA rednecks like to order “a lager” at the Hoolihans & all servers know it’s this bilge. It tastes like malty pond water and has an aftertaste that is akin to licking the top of a 9volt battery for a half hour. Also i resent that Eric Trump endorses this beer and Dick Yuengling let him. Sad!

beer_rookie (705) - Arkansas, USA - DEC 8, 2017
24 oz can from gas station in Biemingham, Alabama.

Pours copper bronze color. Two fingers beige head. Good carbonation l. Excellent retention, excellent lacing.

Aroma is grassy, floral hops. Buttery and bready. Malty, but masked somewhat by hops.

Taste is malty and bittersweet. Toasted malts. Buttery cracker. Toffee.

Mouthfeel is medium light bodied. Neither wet nor dry. Smooth. Highly drinkable..

Overall, it’s really good. Funny name, serious beer. I’d certainly recommend it, and I would buy it again.

BeerBenji (22) - - DEC 8, 2017
Amazing flavor , should be sold nationwide. It would take over beer sales. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone