overall
RATINGS: 2353   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.79/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrooveDaddy (27) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
A good, reasonably priced brew that’s increasing in availability. I first discovered Yuengling in early 2007; I was between jobs at the time and on a budget, so I had to get something affordable, yet I didn’t want to go back to crap like Miller High Life. Enter Yuengling Traditional Lager; a beer with spicy notes of pine that’s of a reasonably high quality. I remember that night as if it were yesterday; I was at the Publix on hwy 150 in Hoover, and some black lady was looking for some beer, and noticed a 12-pack of Yuengling bottles; she said, "I think I’ll try some of dat young-ling." My curiosity was piqued; I decided to also give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. I prefer this beer in cans as opposed to bottles, as it can go bad in bottles much quicker; there are two gas stations about 3 minutes from where I live that both carry it in 12-packs of cans; just get you one of them, and some chips & dip (with a steak to cook later) and you’re all set for your Sunday night TV (Fox’s cartoons, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Showtime’s Dexter, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, etc), or to catch up on your DVR’ed episodes of Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, American Horror Story Asylum, Star Trek reruns, etc. All in all, it’s an economic alternative when you still must insist upon quality in a good beer......

Henrik85 (63) - SWEDEN - JUL 25, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 25, 2017 Beautiful color. Good mouthfeel. Sweet caramel flavor. Sort of watery finish. Easy to drink a lot of.

ccex (1313) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 17, 2017
12 oz bottle pours a clear dark golden color with small white head and hardly any lacing. Aroma is grainy and skunky. Taste is slightly bitter at the finish. Body is light with a crisp mouthfeel. This is one of the most refreshing lagers I’ve tried and I look forward to the next one.

Kleg (257) - The Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 13, 2017
Clear amber pour with a khaki head and poor retention. Spotty lacing. Clean and smooth caramel lager flavor. Medium body. Good stuff.

RABinCO (1511) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 12, 2017
Not the best beer, but the platonic ideal of the perfect beer. Crisp, refreshing, easily chuggable with a great flavor profile. Not super sweet, light floral hop notes. Light biscuit backbone.

apopielarz (22) - - JUL 2, 2017
Surprised how popular this beer is, flat flavor profile without much complexity that the appearance would suggest. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

chucklemation (1685) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUN 24, 2017
Drank from the bottle. Aroma is caramel, bread, and skunk. Flavor is sweet caramel and bread malt. Well-carbonated and light. Okay.

onceblind (9699) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 21, 2017
Clear bright copper hue with a thin bubbly spotty cap. Nice amber malty lagerish nose with calm amber and toffee notes on a light body. Smooth lagered flavor with semisweet amberish tones with light toffee and a bready doughy finish. Lightly sweet and amberish and bready. On the nice side of okay.

ManVsBeer (10476) - Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 21, 2017
Bottle @ Buddy’s Crab House & Oyster Bar, Surf City, North Carolina. Amber with a carbonation and no head. Standard lager with a more malty nose than taste.

frothysuds (14) - Texas, USA - JUN 20, 2017
Pours a amber in color with minimal head. Aroma of bread and caramel. Taste is crisp and light

ZacM612 (718) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUN 19, 2017
Draft at Cowfish, Universal Studios Orlando. Deep, dark amber with little head. Sweet, smooth and malty. Not bad, but I won't be joining the cult following. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone